Itunes on Droid

lumpysherman

Reaction score
gonna try itunes agent. I don't care for doubletwist, slow, bulky, and doesn't see half my music and won't let me move videos to the droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to throw this thread off kilter, but why are people so attached to iTunes and their (and in my opinion, insane) proprietary nature? I use Winamp, and felt paroled once I deleted iTunes from all of my machines.
It's not a major concern for everyone. And, as stated above, some do use it with an iPod.

Why not just mount your droid on the desktop and drag and drop your music files to your SD card? I dont understand why there is a need for a media managing program...
Not everything's about just bare minimum needs (or else no one would have Droid to begin with). Some find a management app to be beneficial.

chops

Reaction score
double twist doesnt work with all droids there are 2 different hardware versions of the droid out there it only works with one that is my problem they say there will be a fix soon

Shelley

Reaction score
itunes agent....

downloaded itunes agent, because my computer was not connecting to my Droid....now itunes agent is ready to sync the itunes and says there is no device connected, but it is and I have clicked mount a million times...

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I was able to move non-AAC protected songs from iTunes to my Droid SD card and play. Will iTunes Agent, Doubletwist, or Motorola Media Link allow me to play the AAC protected songs? If not, how can I purchase the version of the song from iTunes that I can move over? I think it's .30 each but I'm not sure how to select the songs and ask for the purchase.

zegolf

Reaction score
I was able to move non-AAC protected songs from iTunes to my Droid SD card and play. Will iTunes Agent, Doubletwist, or Motorola Media Link allow me to play the AAC protected songs? If not, how can I purchase the version of the song from iTunes that I can move over? I think it's .30 each but I'm not sure how to select the songs and ask for the purchase.

You cannot play AAC Protected songs on any device except for an iPod or iPhone. I'm not sure how you go about purchasing the DRM-Free versions from iTunes, but I would recommend getting your music from Amazon from here on out. Everything is DRM free, and half the time the songs are cheaper!

VomitZombie

Reaction score
I just set up iTunes Agent for the first time so I'll list the steps I went through on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine:

1. Using your PC (not your phone), go to iTunes Agent and download iTunes Agent.
  2. Install iTunes Agent
  3. Run the application. It will start iTunes. You may get a "communication error" - I think this is caused by having no devices set up, but I'm not sure. I ignored it.
  4. Connect the Droid to your PC via USB. Mount the SD Card using the notification on the phone.
  5. You should have an "iTunes Agent" icon in your system tray on your PC. Right-click this icon and pick "preferences".
  6. Click the "New" button at the bottom.
  7. Type in a Name for your device. This is the name you will see in iTunes. I used "Droid".
  8. For "Synchronize Pattern", choose "iTunes".
  9. For "Music Folder", pick the folder on your PC where your iTunes music is stored.
  10. For "Recognize by Folder/File", click "Create". Navigate to your mounted device in Windows Explorer. Create a new folder on your Droid's SD card (I called mine "iTunes Agent"). Click OK.
  11. For "Associate with Playlist", choose "Use device name...".
  12. Hit "Save".
Your device should now show up in iTunes under Playlists -> My Devices. Drag & drop media to this playlist. To actually have the media copied to your phone, go to iTunes Agent's system tray icon, right click and choose "Synchronize Devices".

Hope that helps someone :)
Hey, I'm totally new to using the Droid, but from this ITunes forum I thought you might know what you're doing.
So, I can get everything ready for using ITunes Agent to download one CD and everything does really well except that when I click on the "Droid" under "Devises", nothing comes up, even when I simply click on the "Devise" folder, so I can't find a way to sync. Could you maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong, cause I followed all of your other instructions perfectly.

Last edited:

wilson164

Reaction score
I tried Media Link multiple times. It crashed everytime I clicked on the music tab. It would show me the music in the window, the hour glass would sit there for ten seconds and then the program would just close. I also cant get doubletwist to put anything on my phone. getting frustrated.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
doubletwist

so i download them on my computer then what?

Doubletwist has an instructional DVD right on their site. You have to make sure tour :motdroidhoriz: is USB mounted of course which is just an Icon you type.

meaker

Reaction score
I just set up iTunes Agent for the first time so I'll list the steps I went through on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine:

1. Using your PC (not your phone), go to iTunes Agent and download iTunes Agent.
  2. Install iTunes Agent
  3. Run the application. It will start iTunes. You may get a "communication error" - I think this is caused by having no devices set up, but I'm not sure. I ignored it.
  4. Connect the Droid to your PC via USB. Mount the SD Card using the notification on the phone.
  5. You should have an "iTunes Agent" icon in your system tray on your PC. Right-click this icon and pick "preferences".
  6. Click the "New" button at the bottom.
  7. Type in a Name for your device. This is the name you will see in iTunes. I used "Droid".
  8. For "Synchronize Pattern", choose "iTunes".
  9. For "Music Folder", pick the folder on your PC where your iTunes music is stored.
  10. For "Recognize by Folder/File", click "Create". Navigate to your mounted device in Windows Explorer. Create a new folder on your Droid's SD card (I called mine "iTunes Agent"). Click OK.
  11. For "Associate with Playlist", choose "Use device name...".
  12. Hit "Save".
Your device should now show up in iTunes under Playlists -> My Devices. Drag & drop media to this playlist. To actually have the media copied to your phone, go to iTunes Agent's system tray icon, right click and choose "Synchronize Devices".

Hope that helps someone :)
I just installed itunes agent and like the way it shows up in your intunes. But It doesn't seem to support playlist. If I'm wrong let me know what I need to do... Thanks for any help.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Two Hardware versions?

double twist doesnt work with all droids there are 2 different hardware versions of the droid out there it only works with one that is my problem they say there will be a fix soon

Two hardware versions of the Motorola Droid?..that are not 'compatible' with programs like Doubletwist ect? Where did you get your information? If true, I want the proof. Thanks!
:motdroidhoriz:

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I mount my droid to my comp and open the media folder that I created on my sd card. Then all I need to do is drag songs from itunes to the folder and it works perfect.