Itunes on Droid

MikeDroid

Reaction score
i need some help using this, i have my droid connected to my computer, mounted and good to go. My computer shows it as Removable Disk F but when i go to itunes and click on the My Devices folder, nothing appears under it. Can someone help me?

There is a USB Mount application in the marketplace. It is free and works great. It makes dragging down (a pain!) the USB mount from the top of the screen uncessary

montecarlo

Reaction score
Just read that ituneagent and doubletwist are compatible with. T mobil G1 but no mention oh Motorola Droid. Have tried a couple times to download them and getting same message that phone does not support these programs???
carl

Last edited:
M

mpafr012

That's because you need to download them to your PC not to the phone.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Did you..?

i need some help using this, i have my droid connected to my computer, mounted and good to go. My computer shows it as Removable Disk F but when i go to itunes and click on the My Devices folder, nothing appears under it. Can someone help me?

Did you mount your USB drive first?

MikeDroid

Reaction score
They both work

Just read that ituneagent and doubletwist are compatible with. T mobil G1 but no mention oh Motorola Droid. Have tried a couple times to download them and getting same message that phone does not support these programs???
carl

I have downloaded them both and they work fantastic on the Droid.

Levitation

Reaction score
I just set up iTunes Agent for the first time so I'll list the steps I went through on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine:

1. Using your PC (not your phone), go to iTunes Agent and download iTunes Agent.
  2. Install iTunes Agent
  3. Run the application. It will start iTunes. You may get a "communication error" - I think this is caused by having no devices set up, but I'm not sure. I ignored it.
  4. Connect the Droid to your PC via USB. Mount the SD Card using the notification on the phone.
  5. You should have an "iTunes Agent" icon in your system tray on your PC. Right-click this icon and pick "preferences".
  6. Click the "New" button at the bottom.
  7. Type in a Name for your device. This is the name you will see in iTunes. I used "Droid".
  8. For "Synchronize Pattern", choose "iTunes".
  9. For "Music Folder", pick the folder on your PC where your iTunes music is stored.
  10. For "Recognize by Folder/File", click "Create". Navigate to your mounted device in Windows Explorer. Create a new folder on your Droid's SD card (I called mine "iTunes Agent"). Click OK.
  11. For "Associate with Playlist", choose "Use device name...".
  12. Hit "Save".
Your device should now show up in iTunes under Playlists -> My Devices. Drag & drop media to this playlist. To actually have the media copied to your phone, go to iTunes Agent's system tray icon, right click and choose "Synchronize Devices".

Hope that helps someone :)

Last edited:

mikeofny

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Droid with a MAC? I know I can use double twist but I rather just use iTunes. Just one app....

cgarnes

Reaction score
I have a Droid, and I have a Mac, and I was looking for some way to move my iTunes purchases to my Droid. I've heard of DoubleTwist, but I can't get it to work properly, so we are in the same boat. If there is a "so simple, how could I have ever missed it solution" out there, well, I have!

thekC

Reaction score
Not to throw this thread off kilter, but why are people so attached to iTunes and their (and in my opinion, insane) proprietary nature? I use Winamp, and felt paroled once I deleted iTunes from all of my machines.

lauriep

Reaction score
Not to throw this thread off kilter, but why are people so attached to iTunes and their (and in my opinion, insane) proprietary nature? I use Winamp, and felt paroled once I deleted iTunes from all of my machines.

Because I still use my Touch for audio books, so it is just easier to use that to get books/music,then move the music to my phone using Salling Media Sync.

swbooking

Reaction score
Why not just mount your droid on the desktop and drag and drop your music files to your SD card? I dont understand why there is a need for a media managing program...

MacBook Pro | OS X 10.6.2