Itunes on Droid

evans1035

Reaction score
I just downloaded a ton of music from my itunes library to my droid! Thanks for the info about itunes agent.

Now, I have a new question. I had a couple of podcasts I had dl'd to my itunes library with standup comedy, thinking my ipod mini wouldn't get the video, but it would get the audio. Well that didn't work, but I'm wondering if I can get the videos off itunes library to my droid, or do I have to get it to go to some particular place on my droid?

This forum is great! I've spent the whole day just looking at everything and downloading stuff.

Bailey81

Reaction score
Tags don't seem to work :(

I was able to get my iTunes music to my Droid - no problem!

Now my dilemma is that many of the tags didn't seem to take :( Does anyone know why or what I can do to fix it? I can't listen to an album b/c most of them the songs are listed as being in multiple "albums" all with the same name. The music is great if I want to shuffle all songs, but if I'm looking for something I can't...

Haven't had any luck with searching for fixes for this on Google - hoping someone here knows!

evans1035

Reaction score
ok, I also dl'd a TV show off ITunes. It shows in my "gallery" menu under videos but says "this video cannot be played".
Would anyone know why?

Bailey81

Reaction score
ok, I also dl'd a TV show off ITunes. It shows in my "gallery" menu under videos but says "this video cannot be played".
Would anyone know why?
That one's easy - if you bought it from iTunes it's locked. You'll only be able to view that on your iPod or computer. Sorry! :( I'm sure there's software out there that can unlock it, but I don't know of any specifics.

evans1035

Reaction score
well, at least now I know. Thanks. Does anyone know if you can dl tv shows from something like tv.com or can you just watch them?

seattleDave

Reaction score
Using DoubleTwist and iTunes with Mac

I use doubletwist to load music videos on my droid. I haven't tried TV shows yet.

But, I use iTunes to load music, big reason - genius playlists. I mount the droid in the Finder and navigate to it's music folder. I then use iTunes and go to the playlists I want to transfer. I select all the songs in the playlist in iTunes and then drag them to the music folder on the droid.

Now if I could get them set up as playlists on the droid, I would be really happy. But at least I have all the songs I listen to most often on my phone.

How do you set up playlists on the droid?

seattleDave

Reaction score
Right, you can only play non-DRM songs or videos, which is all I buy from either Amazon or I buy iTunes Plus from iTunes store.

rlb

Reaction score
You can only play non DRM'd music on your Droid though right?

This is why I rarely purchase through itunes. To get around this/waste a lot of time and CDRs, burn the album from itunes as a CD (not as a data disc), then import the album from your newly burned disc.

souljerr

Reaction score
That's all I buy now but I have several hundred songs that I bought years ago. I think iTunes has a way to strip out the DRM for .30 a song but I've been putting that off.

kathybme

Reaction score
Tried Motorola Media Link-Liked Doubletwist better
Doubletwist-somewhat successful but not transfering any playlists -same problem with broken up CDs as a previous commentor.
Now trying iTunes Agent, but despite being plugged in, mounted, etc. agent says no connected devices.
Any help Please?

montecarlo

Reaction score
Just tried downloading iTunes agent and doubletwist. Both said unsuccessful downloads, phone does not support. Is there a setting on my Droid that needs changing?
carl

kathybme

Reaction score
Finally figured out how to set up agent after googling the heck out of it. On the huge plus side the actual sync was much quicker than doubletwist.

odoyle81

Reaction score
In case anyone isn't having any luck with itunes agent or the motorola tool (especially for those with macs!) try out something called "salling media sync". It is working great for me!