It's time to fix mistakes!

Bodawg

Reaction score
Although I'm sure the HTC Thunderbolt is falling off everyone's radar that can make positive change, its time to fix past and present mistakes. Is it asking to much to want a current update to the phone that started all these updates in the first place? 4.0 has been proven to be a realistic function for the Thunderbolt. So why must we endure yet another disappointment? I assume I'm among many who would like to know, when!? Old customers should be most valued, due to the fact that we are the ones asked to renew contracts. So forgetting or just not caring about past phones is hardly in your best interest. Do the right thing HTC! Do the right thing Verizon!! Update!! Or don't blame anyone for forgetting about you, as you've apparently forgotten about those whom matter most!
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Although I'm sure the HTC Thunderbolt is falling off everyone's radar that can make positive change, its time to fix past and present mistakes. Is it asking to much to want a current update to the phone that started all these updates in the first place? 4.0 has been proven to be a realistic function for the Thunderbolt. So why must we endure yet another disappointment? I assume I'm among many who would like to know, when!? Old customers should be most valued, due to the fact that we are the ones asked to renew contracts. So forgetting or just not caring about past phones is hardly in your best interest. Do the right thing HTC! Do the right thing Verizon!! Update!! Or don't blame anyone for forgetting about you, as you've apparently forgotten about those whom matter most!

Most of the time, the source of this kind of problem is either pissing contests between the manuf./provider or software issues. HTC uses the SENSE overlay,
whether you want it or not. HTC has to rewrite SENSE to work with 4.0, on the Bolt and there is no profit in that. Profit comes from selling new/better devices.
Some people are willing to buy a new phone at full price to get the new O/S and HTC & Verizon know this. Ot they will wait a few extra months and just upgrade
on contract.

Understand that the cellular industry, as a whole, is not here to serve customers. They are here to turn a profit by screwing as many
people as possible. SMS charges are a good example. Another one is AT&Fee.

AT&Fee went live with the IPhone and sold unlimited data packages. In 2010, they stopped
offering this plan but graciously allowed current subscribers to keep the unlimited.. WOOT.. not so fast.
Now AT&Fee is throttling Unlimited plans to the point of unusable when someone exceeds a phantom 2 GB limit.
If you call AT&Fee and ask/yell/cry about it, they will suggest you convert to a 3GB plan for the same price.
Otherwise, you can wait until your next billing period to get reasonable speeds again, until you exceed 2 GB.

The loophole they exploit here is they promise unlimited data, not the rate at which that data flows.
So yes, your data is unlimited and it trickles in so slow its really unusable for most smartphone functions,
like GPS Navigation, Videos, Pandora, etc.

I truly hope HTC "does the right thing", but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them or any other
manuf. or provider to give good value to customers...

rbw62

Reaction score
Is 6-8 months really old? Look at what the TB offers vs other "new"smart phones. Has any really new feature been added?
I remember the pc wars. I sold and built pc's for years. The old " its out of date by the time you get it home" was true for a few years. Look @ pc hardware now. The processor chip reached 4 ghz, and stopped. They figured out that speed itself was not the issue. Bottlenecks in other hardware, so to get more process power they added "cores" to gain power.
Smart phones will go down same path. The hardware is always a couple years ahead in dev. Same here. Finally you get to a stall point. No longer jusfufies upgrades. I have a 4 year old gamer pc that can hold its own against anything out there.
To say the TB is old and outdated just does not hold water.

djfargo

Reaction score
I still love my bolt...my vzw rep asked if I was interested in upgrading and I just laughed at him, although I did stop in to check out the maxx, I took the time and with plenty of help from here easily made my phone better than anything I could have ever purchased over the counter...custom boot animations, overclocked, undervolted, wireless access, few custom icons...nothing in the store even comes close other than interesting to look at for a few moments. As for fixing mistakes, well it took time but my phone has none other than a scratch in the side, to root is to make your phone look and perform exactly as "you" see fit, if your not happy your not done.

Sent from a bolt of lightning.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I still love my bolt...my vzw rep asked if I was interested in upgrading and I just laughed at him, although I did stop in to check out the maxx, I took the time and with plenty of help from here easily made my phone better than anything I could have ever purchased over the counter...custom boot animations, overclocked, undervolted, wireless access, few custom icons...nothing in the store even comes close other than interesting to look at for a few moments. As for fixing mistakes, well it took time but my phone has none other than a scratch in the side, to root is to make your phone look and perform exactly as "you" see fit, if your not happy your not done.

Hey I will take your upgrade if you give it to me. jk jk

djfargo

Reaction score
:)
Wish I had ten of em laying around. I would give em away...