ITC Judge Finds Apple in Violation of One Motorola Patent

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple-Motorola-patent-wars-moto-partial-victory.jpg

Over the past year and a half, that headline above was typically the opposite in way way or another. Apple has been in a huge legal struggle with a slew of Android related companies for quite some time, and most of the time they have been the one to get some minor rulings in their favor. Just recently, that has gone the other direction. Apparently, ITC Judge Thomas Pender issued a partial ruling regarding a WiFi patent infringement counter-suit that Motorola filed back against Apple during the patent wars. The judge found that Apple is indeed violating that patent as it pertains to the iPad and the iPhone.

The worst case scenario is that Apple could be barred from importing any of their iDevices onto U.S. soil, because they are in violation of the patent held by a U.S. company. Most analysts do not expect the court to go that far however. More than likely, there will be some sort of monetary settlement between Moto and Apple. Perhaps some of the worst battles of the patent wars have already been fought and the onslaught is finally winding down... wouldn't that be nice. :)

Source: Phonearena

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im so tired of these lawsuits. Its literally apart of the business strategy now...

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Banning iPod/iPhone/iPad devices from US soil would be absolute hilarity. I know it won't happen, but I can still imagine it, and just have a small smile imagining such an outcome...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
There should be a study done on these judges. Are they Apple or Android users? How do they rule? I think it would be interesting to see if there were a correlation. :p

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow...this will be interesting.

The comments here and around the net will also be interesting...lol.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Banning iPod/iPhone/iPad devices from US soil would be absolute hilarity. I know it won't happen, but I can still imagine it, and just have a small smile imagining such an outcome...

Its sad that it won't happen because you know that Apple would get a ban of other products onto US soil. Its more of a case of who has enough money to get that ban rejected.

jerkwad

Reaction score
There should be a study done on these judges. Are they Apple or Android users? How do they rule? I think it would be interesting to see if there were a correlation. :p

These judges are probably older and less technically savvy, and they all wear the same boring black and white clothes to work every day (lol). Clearly they would own apple products...