Issues you've detected on the leaked gingerbread(D2G Gingerbread Problem thread)

ccsoccer03

Reaction score
Now I for one have a droid x and I have rooted GB 602, So I know how much better (IMO) 2.3 is over 2.2 froyo on my phone. I have a brother who is not as fluent in trying "leaks" as he is waiting for the ota to come out. Is there any reason with this build that he should wait, honestly for the upgrade to come out. Obviously this one was either rejected or isn't complete yet. Granted, I see the D2 information went live on verizon's site that their upgrade is imminent. I'm simply starting a D2G Gingerbread Problem thread.

JEStose

Reaction score
The only issue I've come across is that I can't do remote installs of apps (installing them from the market on your PC). Other than that I haven't come across any major issues.

rusty815

Reaction score
ive remotely installed apps on the leak...

the only bug i have found is that the backlight occasionally doesnt come on, or it comes on at seemingly random times.

ttchief

Reaction score
Only problem is with Blue Tooth. It comes on but will not pair with any device.

bgrade

Reaction score
One thing i notice is that the backlighting for the haptic buttons and the keyboard come on whenever they feel like

haro

Reaction score
On non root leak, d battery not much differentInstall launcherpro, press power button to sleep, press again thn unlock screen, black screen appear but task bar can b seen.To get rid of it swipe to d side thn back.

Jorona

Reaction score
After running for a few days, my battery life has become stellar, I think they fixed the throttling.

My biggest beef is the STUPID 3G symbol that shifts a pixel back and forth while active. It just looks sloppy.

ObieNobie

Reaction score
When trying to install it it all of a sudden stops and gives me a long error message. Below it it says status 7. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I moved the update.zip to the sd card not in any folder is that what the problem is?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any huge problems to warrant a problems thread. I did put the GB ROM through its paces the last couple of days and the only thing I noticed was the huge battery drain but now it seemed to have stabilized a bit. My blue tooth works fine and so does wifi tethering

if its not Boeing, I'm not going!!! TEAM BOEING SOUTH CAROLINA ROCKS!!!!!!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Normally my music doesn't stop out of the blue but for some reason, it's begun to do that with rooted 2.3. Global unplug seems to be the culprit here. Unrooted was perfect though. I'll probably also try to find a fix for 10% battery increments later too. Hopefully, adb pushing a system app doesn't bootloop.

rusty815

Reaction score
i got a random reboot yesterday after having an uptime for a day or two, i thought that was strange, hasnt rebooted yet, hopefully it was a fluke.

bfederspill

Reaction score
Problems with Gengerbread

The only problems I have is no Wi-Fi and the program Wireless Tether is not working. I think I'll wait until their fixed before flashing it again. Other than that it runs NICE.

TheCheeze

Reaction score
One problem I am having is that I can not add new contacts, it just closes back out to the home screen when I try.

tobaloke

Reaction score
Sometimes while typing inside a text-field in the native browser, instead of printing a letter, the 'L' and 'P' keys on the physical keyboard will open up my Calendar and Music apps, respectively. I've also had just one random reboot in the 3+ days with the TBH rooted leak.

Honestly though, I'm ecstatic with the night-&-day difference between Froyo and GB!! (But does anyone else feel like the updated interface/launcher/color-scheme sorta looks like crap??)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums