Issues with DroidCam and IP Webcam apps

deartheophilus

Reaction score
Both of these programs do about the same thing, they let you use your droid as an IP webcam. DroidCam starts a server on your laptop, and you're supposed to connect to that ip address and port with the droid app. IP Webcam starts the server on your *phone*, and you supposedly point your laptop browser at its ip address and view the video it streams.

I can make either of these programs run successfully on my computer and phone, it's just when I try to connect both pieces of hardware that I have problems. I feel like it's a wireless problem, but my droid says it's connected to my home wireless, and the ip address it gets is a 192.168.1.[something]. (Also, when I ping that ip from my computer, I get nothing back, even though IP Webcam claims that I'm running a server there).

Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be wrong? Or a way to double check if my droid is actually connected to the wireless?

iPirate

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your goal is, but if you want to stream video from ur phone you could try the stream apps like justin.tv and ustream ...?