more problems obtaining an ip address

mikaselm

Reaction score
this prblem is plaguing me to no end... both of my android devicea, a razr and a galaxy tab 7.0 plus,are havingtrouble connectingto our wifi. the tab is on honeycomb, the razr on ics. assigning a static ip addressworks for about five minutes, then although the phone says connected, no connection works. during those 5 mins, i can browse the internet but cannot connect via dlna to other devices. when using dhcp dynamic ip address, it just cycles through obtaining ip to disconnected . i ued to use dlna daily, but no luck now, and the static ip is the only solution i can fimd online. thisphone has used dhcp before, and theres no reason that it shouldnt be able to now. any suggestions? both devices run standard roms.

OP
M

mikaselm

Reaction score
this prblem is plaguing me to no end... both of my android devicea, a razr and a galaxy tab 7.0 plus,are havingtrouble connectingto our wifi. the tab is on honeycomb, the razr on ics. assigning a static ip addressworks for about five minutes, then although the phone says connected, no connection works. during those 5 mins, i can browse the internet but cannot connect via dlna to other devices. when using dhcp dynamic ip address, it just cycles through obtaining ip to disconnected . i ued to use dlna daily, but no luck now, and the static ip is the only solution i can fimd online. thisphone has used dhcp before, and theres no reason that it shouldnt be able to now. any suggestions? both devices run standard roms.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is a super simplified possible solution but it often works for connecting via Wi-Fi problems... try unplugging your router and/or modem for 30 seconds and replug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
M

mikaselm

Reaction score
resetting the router doesn't work, nor does restoring the devices to factory settings, I've combed over the network settings, and they seem to be perfect (plus, both devices have been able to connect with this setup before) I've gone through all the basic troubleshooting steps, now I'm lost.