Issue with contacts populating

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
When I go to send an SMS, I will start typing a contact into the To: field, and it will not recognize the contact even though i know for a fact it is in there. I cannot send a text to certain people unless I go into my contacts, find them, and select send SMS. Any ideas?

technique

Reaction score
I am having the EXACT same issue. Any ideas on why this is happening? I installed Chomp SMS and that works just fine, but the default messaging app does NOT find my contacts when I type in someone's name.

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I installed Handcent and it works GREAT!! How is CHOMP?

technique

Reaction score
Chomp is great. That and handcent are the two favorits of most people.

I just wish I knew why contacts did not autopopulate with the default messaging app,but whatever, chomp is much nicer so I'm just never going back to the default app :)

Alexander180

Reaction score
check what type of number it is in your actual contact list. if it is stored under "work" it will not auto populate. but if you edit it and change it to mobile instead it works just fine.

technique

Reaction score
check what type of number it is in your actual contact list. if it is stored under "work" it will not auto populate. but if you edit it and change it to mobile instead it works just fine.

You solved it! Works perfectly now. Thanks!