contacts not coming up in messaging

sugarmaglndscp

Reaction score
When I go to my messaging app, and try to enter the send to portion with someone from my contact list, no names drop down even if I type the entire contact name it will not recognize the contact entered. This also occurs when I try to send a picture. I can eventually send the message but I have to go to my contacts and send a message that way, and attach pictures if sending pictures

jenc315

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Every once in awhile a few names will pop up but never the one I need. Would be nice to know why its doing this!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is this the stock messaging app? or another like Hancent?

OP
S

sugarmaglndscp

Reaction score
Mine is a the stock messaging app that comes with the phone, I talked to support and was given a new phone, but it does the same thing including the random names comind up that are not pertinent to who I am trying to contact o

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you checked you contact list? Is everything correct on that end?
Give Handcent a try...just for comparisons....

OP
S

sugarmaglndscp

Reaction score
Handcent worked great, thanks backnblack. Nice quote, couldn't agree more!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Glad it's working for you....

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
i just downloaded it 5 seconds before you replied to me.. lol going to give it a try now.. thanks

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I go to my messaging app, and try to enter the send to portion with someone from my contact list, no names drop down even if I type the entire contact name it will not recognize the contact entered. This also occurs when I try to send a picture. I can eventually send the message but I have to go to my contacts and send a message that way, and attach pictures if sending pictures
the problem is how your contacts are set up. it has nothing to do with the phone (well, technically is does), the SMS/MMS app, or what you're typing.

every contact that you want to send an SMS/MMS to must have a mobile phone entry. all of your contacts have their numbers set as "home" and this won't work with any messaging app.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
mine are set as mobile and it still doesnt work.. =( it worked last week though

Silver Member
Reaction score
when you start to type in a name, you get NO results? you're sure it's setup as mobile? i've had no problems with this feature.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
when you start to type in a name, you get NO results? you're sure it's setup as mobile? i've had no problems with this feature.
when i start to type in the name it shows the phone number and the complete name. i then choose that one. and then press send. and it sits there. under handscent it has a thing that spins on the leftside of the message. its still spinning now after 20 mins later of sending the message

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's a different issue. that wasn't what i was referring to.