Trouble sending MMS with image

flavor8

Reaction score
I've seen a few related issues out there, but not this exact one. When I share a picture, and choose "messaging", I get the form to type in the contact to send it to. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose from my contacts list. When I type in the person's name, there's no autocomplete. If I type a partial name (e.g. "paula", assuming my girlfriend's name is "paula poundstone", it seems to accept it, but the MMS doesn't arrive on the other end.) If I type in the full name, it again seems to send, but doesn't capitalize of give any indication that it found the name in my contacts - and again, doesn't arrive.

Surely I'm missing something?

Thanks

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Does the name come up if you are sending a regular text sms? If the phone number in the contact is not saved as "mobile," it won't show up for messaging.

OP
F

flavor8

Reaction score
Aha, that explains it. I was lazy and left them all as "home" when I was typing them in (there was no good way to export from my old phone.) Hohum.

Since you were on the money with that one, another strange contacts issue: my girlfriend is listed as "Poundstone, Paula", whereas all other names in the contacts list are "Firstname Lastname". I've looked in both my contacts in gmail, and in the contacts on the phone, and don't see anywhere indicating why her name would be reversed. Any ideas?

Thanks

thatguychuck

Reaction score
That I'm not sure of. If it were me I'd probably just delete the contact and re enter the information from my PC through Gmail.