How do you send multiple text messages on the Droid....

barbarian624

Reaction score
How do you send multiple text messages on the Droid without using Handscent sms or any app? Just the regular Droid.

When I hit "new message" and select the "To" field, I start typing either names or numbers and sometimes I get very random names but the more I type a name I want, the list below it disappears. The name I'm typing that I know is in my contacts list doesn't come up at all.

Any ideas or solutions?

P.E.A.C.E.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you type at least 2 letters of the persons name, it shows the contact in the list you're talking about. Click the name in the list. Then it displays the contact's name and number in the box followed by a comma. Then type 2 more letters of the next contact's name and do the same thing you did for the first contact. Keep doing that until you have all the contacts you want to send the message to.

B

bthomp21

Like he said, in the "to" box, just hit a space after you type the first contacts name and type another, and so on.

eightfaze

Reaction score
How do you send multiple text messages on the Droid..

I couldn't include a particular friend in multiple text lists. Even though he was in my contacts and we exchanged individual texts regularly, I couldn't put his name in a multiple list. Finally figured out that his mobile number was checked as a home number in contacts. After that fix, no problem. Worked for me, hope this helps. :)

wendy5001

Reaction score
thanks for posting this as coming from bb, I could not figure out how to send multiple texts and this was driving me crazy! another "problem" this forum has solved for me

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Now if they would just provide the ability to text to pre-determined groups like nearly every other phone in existence.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now if they would just provide the ability to text to pre-determined groups like nearly every other phone in existence.

You can do this with Droid. You just need to set it up in gmail. Go to settings and there is a button to push to add groups. Put whomever you want in that group and you can set groups up that way.

Don't know quite what you mean by pre determined groups, but you can set them up in group.

th9203

Reaction score
Hey Hook - now that you have created groups and populated them with entries in your contact list, how do you access the groups on the Droid? I have fiddled and messed around with this a lot and just do not see it. The only app that I have seen that uses the group settings was aContacts. That app is not being updated to work with 2.1 according to the dev.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think what he means is, like being able to go down your contacts and check the ones you want the text going to.

Joker

Reaction score

If you send one message to a group of receipients, just don't delete that thread and you can always send txt to that same group.

sheoguey

Reaction score
my gmail contacts are assigned to groups like personal, customers and team.
I would like to touch an icon on my Droid to display a group so that I don't have to run through 200 listings to find someone in the Ms or Ts
btw am I the only one whe objects to having to reverse given name & family name in order to have them listed by last name -- oh. that's a Google issue, isn't it? sorry!

sessica

Reaction score

You can do this with Droid. You just need to set it up in gmail. Go to settings and there is a button to push to add groups. Put whomever you want in that group and you can set groups up that way.

Don't know quite what you mean by pre determined groups, but you can set them up in group.

I am also curious how you then access these groups on your droid, I have set them up on gmail, but would like to be able to grab the group for a single e-mail or text message, and I cannot seem to locate them anywhere besides from my computer on gmail.