Is This Really Not Possible On Droids???

AlexRogers

Reaction score
Is there not a way to create/edit folders on your home screen with custom names and icons??? I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks and it is driving me crazy. I want the ability to drag and drop custom icon apps in these folders and the only way I can figure this out is to do...

1. Create a label that does not allow drag and drop of custom apps.

2. Create a folder that does not allow the icon to be changed from the boring, standard icon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tktouch12

Reaction score
um, i dont quite get what your saying. but you cant change the image of the folder unless you use a 3rd party app (idk what it would be). but you can change the name of a folder by opening it and holding the top bar of it until it asks you to rename it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
desktop visualizer will do this for icons, not sure about folders...

jacobrv

Reaction score
FolderOrganizer allows you to use different icons, and you may be able to load customs ones but I'm not sure. Also, to use a custom name on a folder, open the folder then press and hold on the title bar.

OP
A

AlexRogers

Reaction score
I know how to change the name, but I just want the functionality to change the icon from a custom icon pack.

OP
A

AlexRogers

Reaction score
Does folder org allow this for folders though because I tried and I can't figure it out.

rjax

Reaction score
Just think of a FolderOrganizer label as a folder. So, label Gmail and the Browser as Internet, then put a shortcut to the FolderOrganizer Label "Internet' on your home screen.