need help with music folder

ashenfang

Reaction score
So I figured out how to transfer music from itunes. I copied the itunes folder to my phone (sdcard\music) and everything shows up fine. However I am having trouble with new creating new folders for new artists. Using astro, I browse to my music folder, and here is where all the folders for each artist is listed. I created a new folder for a new artist that I wanted to add, called "80s" music. I then place the selected music files into that folder. I close out astro and browse to my music icon, select artists, but my new folder I just created is not showing up. So what am I doing wrong? I figured just simply creating a new folder whedre the rest of them are would allow it to show up in the music applicaton. Any help appreciated.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
Thought I would update my own post after figuring out how to fix it in case any one else runs into the same thing. You can create new artist folders in the directory structure, however those new folders, say for an artist will not show up until a music file is placed into the folder with a matching artist name within the mp3 file. So if you ever have this problem, right click on the mp3 and choose properties and then details. This is where you can put the artists name. Save and reload to you new artist folder. After mounting the sd card the artist list will re populate. You should now see the new artist selection and song.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thought I would update my own post after figuring out how to fix it in case any one else runs into the same thing. You can create new artist folders in the directory structure, however those new folders, say for an artist will not show up until a music file is placed into the folder with a matching artist name within the mp3 file. So if you ever have this problem, right click on the mp3 and choose properties and then details. This is where you can put the artists name. Save and reload to you new artist folder. After mounting the sd card the artist list will re populate. You should now see the new artist selection and song.

I just opened my music folder into the sd/music and it worked just fine. When adding I just made a new folder for whatever album I was adding and it added it just fine when I reopened my music player.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I just use Motorola Media Link on the pc to automatically sync my iTunes playlists to the droid.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
yeah i know what you guys are saying, but thats not the point. I was able to sync with Itunes fine. This was a matter of creating a new artist folder manually under the music widget.