Copying Movies/Music - folder problem

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I am transfering movies and music correctly. I just plug in my motorola droid, enable USB mode, and then I created a folder titled music and another titled movies. I just drag and drop into the select folder, which works perfectly fine. The problem is when I want to then later delete the folder off the phone, when I am viewing the files on the SD card, it will not let me delete any folders off of it. I can go in and delete all songs or movies, but not the original folder. For now I found a work around where I have an app to view my folders, and can delete them this way. Any ideas though?

Thanks in advance

mjs31

Reaction score
So you are actually plugging your phone back into your computer and attempting to delete the folders this way? That is strange. If I was to take a guess, I would say that the folders are being used by something else which would stop you from deleting them. Now what is using them I don't know. I would say that if you were trying to delete them from within the phone (not connected to the computer) the video app may be trying to retrieve info from them there by using that folder. Does it give an error?

OP
M

mynameiserich

Reaction score
Yes - I am plugging the phone into my laptop via USB. This is how I go about transfering my music to the phone. It is when I try to delete a specific folder it doesn't work. Even after a restart it decided not to work. Not sure what is going on with it. Going to have to keep playing with it.