Droid Music Folder.. where is it?

WinePress.US

Reaction score
I am wanting to copy my songs, folders, etc all to my droid. I have the USB cable connected and "mounted" the droid. I don't know which folder to upload my music to..

Does anyone know? thanks so much for your assistance. Folders currently on the droid:

dcim
download
HeroCraft
Lost.dir
mms
twc-cache
cellebrite
mms_oom_hpro...

DraconWolfX

Reaction score
Yah, it sounds silly but there's no "default" music folder -- make one for yourself. I made a folder called "Media" in which I have further folders for music, videos, and games.

Lordx1

Reaction score
You should have a folder called "com". Open it there is another folder called "mabilo" you should be able to play your songs from there. It worked for me I even copied some Itune songs and they worked.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Ok, this is totally off-topic, but Bimmerjo, your sig has a pic of my most favorite BMW ever made!

Friend of mine had a 1984 635csi, and it was just such an awesome car... (I think it was an '84 model -- not 100% sure... But close to that year, anyway...)

Then some @$$hole ran a red-light and T-boned it... (No one was hurt, thank God.) But man, that was such a sad sight to see... That beautiful car totalled... *cry*

jcardona1

Reaction score
yeah i just created a folder since i didnt know where to put it. anywhere will work i believe :)

A

apeshitninja

Its a google OS.... it will search your SD card and find music to play, put it anywhere ;)

leecopp

Reaction score
Where to put music ..

As others have noted, the SD card is searched for media files in all directories by the music player EXCEPT "Ringtones" .

This makes Ringtones a handy place to put media that you dont want to pop up in shuffle play ... like audiobooks...

A podcast directory may be another similar location but I have not really tested it .. But I dont remember Car Talk popping in on shuffle play.

Happy Day

Lee

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As others have noted, the SD card is searched for media files in all directories by the music player EXCEPT "Ringtones" .

This makes Ringtones a handy place to put media that you dont want to pop up in shuffle play ... like audiobooks...

A podcast directory may be another similar location but I have not really tested it .. But I dont remember Car Talk popping in on shuffle play.

Happy Day

Lee

I also read somewhere a few weeks ago it has to say "ringtones" and not "Ringtones" (lower case "R"). I did that when I transferred all my ringtones over from my Storm and the Droid finds my ringtones fine.

Silver Member
Reaction score

Happy Day

Lee

I also read somewhere a few weeks ago it has to say "ringtones" and not "Ringtones" (lower case "R"). I did that when I transferred all my ringtones over from my Storm and the Droid finds my ringtones fine.
My folder structure says Media\Ringtones and it finds them fine.

ke0kie

Reaction score
I created a Music folder (I presume /sdcard/music) copied some MP3's in there, yet I opened the stock music app and there is nothing there.

What am I doing wrong, can't seem to upload any of my mp3s

PS I confirmed with a terminal the MP3 files in my /sdcard/music directory are in there. Not sure whats up.

--Scott

Last edited: