Is this possible?

Reaction score
When in doubt, a full SBF and then re-flash has fixed many problems for me. (Problems that I generally created for myself by being "smart" about my phone haha)

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
When in doubt, a full SBF and then re-flash has fixed many problems for me. (Problems that I generally created for myself by being "smart" about my phone haha)

Yeah, as I said earlier- I'm pretty sure that my problem is due to installing 2.3.3 over a deodexed themed froyo. I hadn't thought of this earlier as the instructions I read said to install it over 2.3.2 or whatever build froyo is.

So as long as you all say that Bluetooth is working fine on this rom I will sbf and install it tomorrow.

Wish me luck and thanks for posting the link. If you could leave it up until tomorrow I'll get it then.

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
Okay...

After trying two different methods here are the results:

Bluetooth voice commands and anything over bluetooth EXCEPT streaming music DOESN'T WORK.

I SBF'd back to stock froyo twice and installed two different ROMs twice and I got nothing. My headset will stream audio, but when I make a call, the sound is transfered to the handset. Meaning that the phone itself is making the call and I get NOTHING from the bluetooth headset. This goes for pressing the button that activates the "say a command" function. When I do that, I hear the "Say a command" from the phone- NOT the bluetooth headset. The notification bar shows the bluetooth is connected- and I hear audio fine.

I have no idea how you are all able to use bluetooth over gingerbread.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
That's strange. I talk in my car on Bluetooth all the time. I don't have the deodexed version though, mine is odexed. I wonder why mine works.

Sent from my Transformer

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
That's strange. I talk in my car on Bluetooth all the time. I don't have the deodexed version though, mine is odexed. I wonder why mine works.

Sent from my Transformer

I tried BOTH versions. SBF'd to stock for both prior to installing. Bluetooth just doesn't work.

I noticed that when I was on froyo, and using the bluetooth- the bluetooth button at the bottom left next to the "Mute" would be "lit" up when looking at the phone while in call. Now it is not. Even while Bluetooth is active. Pressing this while in a call does nothing.

I noticed that the Pico TTS service is not installed in Gingerbread, but that wouldn't make a difference if yours is working.

This is odd.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with it but since you mentioned pico tts it is installed on my phone.

Sent from my Transformer

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with it but since you mentioned pico tts it is installed on my phone.

Sent from my Transformer

Yeah, I found it.

So that's not the problem apparently....

I guess it's back to stock froyo for me. This is a serious deal breaker for me.