is there really an extended battery for D2G? think again

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I c....so u ordered it from? the bp7x is what I got but for some reason it is fairly snugged and I told 4 diff vzw that my phone is white. they shipped two of the same thing one....black
but I agree and maybe check with the store on the r2d2

Aloha from Hawaii ... via D2G

vAllende

Reaction score
I actually ordered it from Verizon wireless online since they had free overnight shipping. use this link and it should be the top item on the list. got it in 1 day.
The other 2 extra extended batteries i bought from Motorola's website during their 60% off accessories sale - i also opted for the white r2d2 dock as well.

R2-D2 Extended battery w/ cover - Verizon Wireless

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
that is so bizarre seriously because vzw rep said it will work but sent wrong color of backing, Motorola rep says they haven't made it yet. OMG if this works...ur da bomb.
keep u posted. my 25% discount is worth it on all purchases. thanks

vAllende

Reaction score
Its what im using, I can guarantee it will :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

shagoyjo

Reaction score
I has to use a friends extended battery the other day and the door was VERY snug but it did fit. Door was from a d2. Wish you best of luck with an r2d2 door

atwong66

Reaction score
I have been using my extended battery BP7X since the original Droid days, with the bluish extended door, and it fitted. Then on Nov 10, I received my D2G bluish black sapphire, and I put the BP7X extended battery in it, and it fitted too. The door fits perfectly too. the BP7X is a little thicker so it doesn't go in as smoothly as the BP6X original battery, but it fits and the extended door works great. Now my new challenge is to find a snap on case that will fit with extended battery and still works with my car dock, but that's another story.

Last edited:
OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
im sure its the right ext battery but yes quite snugged. the ext door would've been nice if it fit AND in the right color. im not frustrated by what happened but its shocking to have ppl like u folks who has tried it and works. I will def check on the r2d2 and see what happens
thanks again to all

I have been using my extended battery BP7X since the original Droid days, with the bluish extended door, and it fitted. Then on Nov 10, I received my D2G bluish black sapphire, and I put the BP7X extended battery in it, and it fitted too. The door fits perfectly too. the BP7X is a little thicker so it doesn't go in as smoothly as the BP6X original battery, but it fits and the extended door works great. Now my new challenge is to find a snap on case that will fit with extended battery and still works with my car dock, but that's another story.

shagoyjo

Reaction score
I think I probably just manhandle my technology too much. After pushing around server cases all day you pretty much just shove things whether they fit or not :(

You're probably less likely to break your phone!

Reaction score
My BP7X fits in just like a battery should, and the back door went on fine. It's supposed to be tight. I mean, how often do you take it off? I did, however settle for the BP7X with the grey back, as I have to remove the back cover to make the phone fit perfectly in my Innocase.. But I think I'll go ask the VZW Rep to switch me backs for the R2D2, since I still have all my packaging and stuff. It would be nice to have the white back, just in case I decide to remove my case (Or if I carve a design into it, to showcase the beauty of the white D2G)

Merc

Reaction score
My stock battery door is tight with the stock battery. They are meant to be this way so there is no accidental disconnect from the terminals inside the battery bay.