Is there any way to force Facebook sync?

chaaaad

Reaction score
Just flashed Fission and now I'm trying to link Facebook profile pictures with my contacts. It seems like only a handful of random contacts got their pictures updated while most have not. Even those contacts who are linked with their Facebook profile don't have a picture by their name.

Is there any way that I can force this picture sync?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I dont like the FB integration with the D2/DX/Pro -- I use SyncMyPix to sync FB photos to contacts. It helps me avoid the problem of all of my FB friends showing up in my phone contacts.

If you're set on using the FB app, then I would clear cache and data and see what happens.

Reaction score
you can also use the contacts app to filter out everything except your gmail contacts, worked great for me

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can also use the contacts app to filter out everything except your gmail contacts, worked great for me

But I dont think that will prevent them from showing up in the phone app, just the contacts app.

Reaction score
When I hit dialer to make a call and select contacts tab all I see are gmail, and I have a ton of useless facebook friends numbers that are filtered out

Reaction score
Id also like to figure out a way to manually update the contacts on my phone that are linked to my facebook. Its annoying how it only syncs them the initial time you connect your facebook account.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App