Is there any way to clear a bad ESN on Verizon???

Tkcatch

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a Droid Incredible with a bad ESN cleared for use on the Verizon network? This is the info I got from the seller on eBay when I asked why the ESN was bad:

"because it was linked (ordered) to an account and never activated

if you call vzw, they will say the ESN is clean, but if you try and activate it, it wont work unless its activated to the number it was designated for"

I have the ESN/MEID # if anyone can help look it up for me.

Does anyone know how/if I can get around that problem and still keep it on Verizon?

Thanks for the help.

TK

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Act of God is only way I know....

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try calling Verizon...or are they closed?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
The owner would have to transfer the line to a different phone to free up this one. You can talk to a VZW rep, but I highly doubt they'll free it up for anyone other than the account holder. You can also check the ESN on the VZW website.

OP
T

Tkcatch

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they're closed right now. I sent an email to their support folks, just waiting to hear back. Wasn't sure if anyone had been able to fix this before.

OP
T

Tkcatch

Reaction score
Do you have a link to where I can check the ESN on the VZW website?

OP
T

Tkcatch

Reaction score
By the way, I've been a member for 5 minutes and this is already the best forum I've ever been a part of. Three responses in 5 minutes is unheard of everywhere else!!! LOL

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reduced pricing on the new phone is in return for extending the contract on the line for 2 years. Unless the T&C are accepted on the line the phone was ordered on, it cannot be activated, period. And, it will not be activated. It brings up a lot of red flags if the person selling the phone on eBay is selling an unactivated phone. My suggestion is to move on, you will definitely get burned on this if you buy it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Three responses in 5 minutes is unheard of everywhere else

We have people on here around the clock, just wait till a Dev releases a new ROM you will see hundreds of posts in five minutes

OP
T

Tkcatch

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my feeling. He actually purchased it from someone else, and received it blacklisted. I wasn't sure if there was any way to clear it. Glad I asked before committing to anything.

Anyone looking to sell an Incredible??? LOL

OP
T

Tkcatch

Reaction score
Speaking of the ROM's, I just looked at a few of the ones in the Droid forum. Any that are recommended on the Moto Droid? I have firmware 2.1. I'm a newbie at ROM's and whatnot on phone. I usually just go with the stock stuff. Anything I should know/avoid if I do decide to try some out?

givmedew

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my feeling. He actually purchased it from someone else, and received it blacklisted. I wasn't sure if there was any way to clear it. Glad I asked before committing to anything.

Anyone looking to sell an Incredible??? LOL

Who is selling it? I may interested in it. I know it is worthless for phone use but I would like it for spare parts especially since the amoled display in it is going by by

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Speaking of the ROM's, I just looked at a few of the ones in the Droid forum. Any that are recommended on the Moto Droid? I have firmware 2.1. I'm a newbie at ROM's and whatnot on phone. I usually just go with the stock stuff. Anything I should know/avoid if I do decide to try some out?

head over to the hacking section of the forum and check those out - MANY to choose from