Is there an easier way to turn on the phone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinny0753

Reaction score
The on/off button is in such a bad place. Is there an easier way to turn it one? Also, can you get rid of that lock swipe?

Thanks everyone!

Erich_F

Reaction score
I have to ask....are you serious? :icon_eek:

My God, life must be pretty easy for you guys, if this phone is so hard to turn on for you.

To think I thought the guy asking for an App to turn the phone off was lame. :icon_ devil:

tktouch12

Reaction score

My God, life must be pretty easy for you guys, if this phone is so hard to turn on for you.

To think I thought the guy asking for an App to turn the phone off was lame. :icon_ devil:

+1, i must agree

siggy_freud

Reaction score
I have people that turn the phone on and off for me, so this concern is beneath me. Still, I can see how not having a staff to manage your phone for you would be inconvenient . . .

Erich_F

Reaction score
I have people that turn the phone on and off for me, so this concern is beneath me. Still, I can see how not having a staff to manage your phone for you would be inconvenient . . .

Man, would you give ME a job?? :icon_ banana:

Erich :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I can easily turn the phone off with one hand...

I guess I do have pretty big hands but it's not a real problem with me, but I do agree it can be in a better position like on the side of the phone.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score

Yes, I AM serious.

When driving the car and I need to turn the phone on, my big mitts have a hard time getting to the power button. So much so that there are times I end up getting distracted from the road. I thought that endangering the lives of others was an important matter.

I'm very happy for the rest of you that don't have this issue but coming in here to point out that you think we're lame for complaining about something we don't like isn't productive nor is it helping our problem.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Yes, I AM serious.

When driving the car and I need to turn the phone on, my big mitts have a hard time getting to the power button. So much so that there are times I end up getting distracted from the road. I thought that endangering the lives of others was an important matter.

I'm very happy for the rest of you that don't have this issue but coming in here to point out that you think we're lame for complaining about something we don't like isn't productive nor is it helping our problem.

simple solution in this case.....don't look at your phone while driving

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
simple solution in this case.....don't look at your phone while driving

WOW! Golly gee how come I never thought of that!?

Shucks I just won't use the phone anymore while in my car. I'll just toss my $90 bluetooth headset into the trash cuz now I'll never need it again!

Thanks so much for solving this for me.

Mods you can close the thread because this issue no longer exists.

Erich_F

Reaction score

How about turning the phone on before you start driving?

Maybe you're right, but it sure is fun :) Relax, no offence intended, it's just an..."odd" complaint is all. I suppose there could be worse to complain about, which speaks volumes about this phone.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
How about turning the phone on before you start driving?

I see... so before I leave for a 5hr drive I'll just tell it to never go to sleep? This is something I don't think I should have to do.

I don't have too many complaints about the Droid but this is one of them. Just because some of you don't have the problem doesn't mean we all don't.

I don't need to relax because I am not excited. I'm using extreme sarcasm and some humor mixed in with the facts because I am in disbelief of how some people behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.