Easier way to populate a "New Folder"?

Milehighjc

Reaction score
So Im feeling a little stupid... and couldnt find an answer to this in search. Must not be getting the right search terms.

Im trying to put a few folders on one of the home screens - one with direct dials for my most frequent contacts, one with games, one with my favorite productivity apps... you get the idea. Less clutter, easier to find common stuff.

I created a folder, figured out how to name it appropriately, but the only way Ive found to put things in it is to first put a shortcut on the home screen (whether its a direct dial, or a app shortcut), and then drag it into the folder.

Seems like a lot of steps... is there a faster or easier way to do this?

jc

OP
Milehighjc

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Ok, I can live with that - should be a one time event. Thanks for the quick reply!

A related question... When creating direct dial shortcuts, you get a list of ALL the contact numbers. Since I imported ALL my contacts (I think that is > 500) and each of them has multiple numbers, scrolling through the list is um... tedious. Would love to search to find the contact I want to create as a direct dial, but when I do that It dials them instead of adding the direct dial shortcut. Am I missing something or is there another way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

jc

OP
Milehighjc

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Just answered my own question, and discovered a feature I didnt know about.

When the (long) contact list comes up, the tab on the right side of the screen is a slider to move QUICKLY though the list (vs a series of flick gestures). Works just fine...

Nice! Cool how you keep finding stuff like that - have had the Droid for 3 days, and Im still finding cool stuff.

jc

omnibus

Reaction score
You can open any folder in any of the 3 home screens. Then just drop down into the app screen and long press on the app or widget you want to go into the open folder. "voila"