Is there an actual site to check Verizon ESN's?

cpcollector

Reaction score
It seems strange to me that there isn't one, given that there are sites to check Sprint and the ESN numbers of other companies. The reason is I occasionally like to snap up good deals on Craigslist to resell on eBay, and I usually aim for phones that I can at least break even with if the phone has a blocked ESN. For example I just purchased a pretty much new Droid Incredible off of Craigslist for $170, knowing that if it has a bad ESN I could break even since Droid Incredibles with bad MEID's on eBay go for around $200. If there is some type of site to check Verizon MEID's for a small fee please let me know.

I just paid $1.49 on eBay to check the ESN of the Incredible but I would prefer immediate results,

Thanks! And I apologize if this is in the wrong area, if this type of thread would be best suited for a different section please let me know, and Mods/Admins please feel free to move this to a different section.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can call them, which is just as simple.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope,not to my knowledge. I'm kind of surprised that you think there would be.

Many of the phones with bad ESN's are really due to credit issues. If someone doesn't complete their end of the deal with Verizon, misses payments and such then Verizon will shut the phone down and the ESN goes on the bad list. They aren't interested in helping you find a deal on Craigs List.

I'm also surprised about having to pay somebody to check an ESN. Couldn't you just ask for the number, call Verizon and ask them?

OP
C

cpcollector

Reaction score

I would do that...however I am not Verizon and I doubt they would be enthusiastic about continuously giving out ESN reports to someone that isn't a customer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I would do that...however I am not Verizon and I doubt they would be enthusiastic about continuously giving out ESN reports to someone that isn't a customer.

But you could be a potetial customer. Lots of people do this.

OP
C

cpcollector

Reaction score
But you could be a potetial customer. Lots of people do this.

Good point, I'll try that next time although I hope it won't be too difficult or time consuming trying to get a hold of an actual representative since I don't have an account. Thanks!

jbdow

Reaction score
Semi-seriously -You'd think there would be an app for that....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Doubt any of the carriers will allow access to their database.

OP
C

cpcollector

Reaction score
Good point. I don't know if this site actually directly accesses Sprint's database but checkesnfree.com allows you to check the ESN of Sprint and any of its prepaid companies for free.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next time I will only charge you $1 to check a VZW ESN. I'll even tell you how I'll do it. I will call 800-922-0204 or *611 and ask to speak to a Rep who will verify for me if it is valid.

In other words - do yourself a favor and call yourself and save your hard earned money on a cup of coffee and call customer service. They will check it out for you.

CodyB55

Reaction score
If checkESNfree.com says to call customer service. Is my ESN bad?

JoeyJ

Reaction score
What use does somebody have for a phone with a bad esn?