Is there a way to uninstall system apps in Sourcery?

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running Lithium NG. I'd like to give Sourcery a try but I need to be able to uninstall system apps. I use the Absolute System LithMod edition to that currently.

Is there a straight-forward way to do this with Sourcery?

We have an odd problem with our corporate (small biz) exchange server. It is set up to NOT require the numeric security code for mobile users but every single Droid in the office is making us do it. The IT guys can't seem to fix it. I fixed it on my Droid by deleting an exchange system app using ASLM. I'll switch to Sourcery as soon as I can ensure that I can delete that sys app.

Thanks for any assistance y'all can render. :)

listenman20

Reaction score
where there's a will there's a way!....if yuo've paid for absolute then it should work on this rom as well. but if you're being a cheapskate...lol...j/k...you can get a file explorer from the market such as astro and enable wizard mode within sourcery settings and delete the app. root explorer would do this without wizard mode...but it's another paid app...and i think it costs more than absolute. there are apps within settings that can be deleted but that one is not listed there ...yet...

also...if you decide to come over to sourcery you may also find the irc chat and eagle1967 may hook ya up with a fix and add the script....that could be easily enough done from terminal

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lot of issues with droid1 corporate exchange client and exchange 2007/2010 with MOST roms based on frg083.
exchange 2003 works fine.

touchdown for exchange works on all of them all the time...
been running tests on various models on my exchange 2010 sever to try to pinpoint issue.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Our settings allows u to do this for a few apps. I use root explorer and another idea I haven't done this but u could just delete the apps u don't want from the rom zip before installing them not sure how our updater script will work with that cause I haven't tried but I'm sure it would work aas well

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

OP
Narsil

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help! I should have time tomorrow afternoon to play around with this. I'll report back and let y'all know how it works out and what app (specific name) I deleted.

OP
Narsil

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
It took me a few days longer than I expected but I did it this evening.

Deleting the droidemailpolicy.apk file fixed the issue. When I set up my exchange email account, it told me (yet again :icon_evil:) that the administrator required additional security blah blah blah but I told it okay and then it let me in with no additional security.

No numeric passcodes, just rooted Sourcery awesome-sauce.

This site rocks! Good job, guys; thanks!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what version exchange are you using?
this mail policy may be relating to an issue (not rom issue) I am messing with.

this info could help me a lot.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
interesting, going to see if deleting that also allows stock d1 to hook to exchange 2010 as they (2010-2007) are similar.
don't think its the fix the stock d1 has as it never gets that far but its something to try for sure.
thanks.