Does uninstall FULLY uninstall an app?

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with linux so forgive me if this is a dumb question but when I uninstall an app it doesn't look like it removes everything related to that application.

For example I know in a windows computer (I know I know, sorry for the comparison to Windows :)), if you use Microsoft's regular uninstaller, it can still leave files and folders related to the application on your machine.

Using Astro, I can see numerous folders and files with names of apps that I have long since uninstalled.

Is there a better and more thorough way to uninstall apps other than through the regular menu settings?

hipkik

Reaction score
If the files aren't taking up space, I wouldn't worry to much about it...they might be there if you choose to reinstall the app and keep previous settings

crspang

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "registry" in android, so I don't think you have to worry about it too much. I've deleted those dangling folders for apps that I've removed with no problems.

@hipkik.......how are things in Sumter? Unfortunately, Sumter seems to be in the news alot lately.

joshua117

Reaction score
well i imagine it is still there until its overwritten by something else. however the space is immediately available to you so i don't think its much of an issue.

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
i noticed when i used astro i would find some old folders for a couple of games i had uninstalled , but they would be empty , so it does leave " something " behind. not much to worry about though

Silver Member
Reaction score
remember that while you're in a file browser, you're probably only looking at your SD card. apps like to put cache, images, and other files out on your SD card to save space. retaining these settings will help you reinstall the app later with great success.

but when you uninstall the app, it is being completely removed from your system. check my marketplace hint if you find you have trouble uninstalling an app.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I've deleted a number of folders that remain on the SD card after uninstalling an app. They're usually empty. No problems so far.