Uninstall Apps

jdfrye04

Reaction score
I already did a search and checked FAQS for the answer and it did not seem to be the same as my own experience. When uninstalling an application does it delete the data associated with the application? In one thread it said yes but this does not seem to be the case for me. For instance yesterday I had 165mb internal phone storage on my motorola droid. I downloaded an Icon Pack for 2 mb which brought down the memory to 163. Now I uninstalled it and it stayed at 163. How do I get this data erased? I tried searching all through Astro and could not find the data anywhere. Is there a place that apps are stored to look for in Astro? I even did a search for the name of the icon pack in Astro and it comes up with nothing yet the memory is staying the same after uninstall. Doesn't make any sense...am I missing something?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I already did a search and checked FAQS for the answer and it did not seem to be the same as my own experience. When uninstalling an application does it delete the data associated with the application? In one thread it said yes but this does not seem to be the case for me. For instance yesterday I had 165mb internal phone storage on my motorola droid. I downloaded an Icon Pack for 2 mb which brought down the memory to 163. Now I uninstalled it and it stayed at 163. How do I get this data erased? I tried searching all through Astro and could not find the data anywhere. Is there a place that apps are stored to look for in Astro? I even did a search for the name of the icon pack in Astro and it comes up with nothing yet the memory is staying the same after uninstall. Doesn't make any sense...am I missing something?

Let me guess. Did you use to own a Blackberry?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, why do you ask?

lol, because you're thinking like a Blackberry person. First thing you've got to do is change the way you think about your phone. It's not a Blackberry and it's going to manage it's memory quite a bit different then what you're use to.

So the first thing I can tell you is don't worry about the memory. At all. Droid does an excellent job of managing it's own memory. That's why you don't see any difference between the time you deleted an app and the time you had installed it. As time goes on you will see the Droid do it's thing and you'll learn that it's not an issue anymore. Just relax and enjoy the Droid.

You will see on the SD card parts of the app that's been deleted. Don't worry about any of that, if you want you can mount your Droid and delete those parts but I would just let it be.

Edit: FWIW I had both the Storm and the Storm 2.