Low Memory = Dissapearing Home Screen Icons?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I am an app whore. I have 100+ (and have installed and uninstalled a couple hundred more). I am down to 25 MB's of space.

My homescreen icons constantly disappear. Is there any co-relation here?

I have also removed all widgets and it does this as well. I have even tried to close all background apps. I have even did a factory reset. I have even uninstalled all my custom apps including my launcher and it still does this. (I have since put Launcher Pro back on). I am unrooted on 2.1.

Does anyone else ahve this chronic problem? It does this whenever I exit an app. usually a memory consuming app like the Browser(s), Earth, Gallery, Camera(s), etc...

Diordna

Reaction score
Damn that's low. I say make some space then! If anything clear cache of everything to make some room too in the memory

But I'm sure you have a lot of apps you don't need lol

Taegost

Reaction score
I have that issue as well using Tag Home, I assume it's because I have too much crap actually running, it probably caches it out or closes it completely.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am an app whore. I have 100+ (and have installed and uninstalled a couple hundred more). I am down to 25 MB's of space.

My homescreen icons constantly disappear. Is there any co-relation here?

I have also removed all widgets and it does this as well. I have even tried to close all background apps. I have even did a factory reset. I have even uninstalled all my custom apps including my launcher and it still does this. (I have since put Launcher Pro back on). I am unrooted on 2.1.

Does anyone else ahve this chronic problem? It does this whenever I exit an app. usually a memory consuming app like the Browser(s), Earth, Gallery, Camera(s), etc...

Closing background apps won't do you much good. Nor will uninstalling apps unless you're running those apps on a regular basis. And if you're doing that, you probably don't want to remove them.

My guess is that you're dragging a lot of "stuff" into memory when you run particular apps. From your description it sounds as if you're not clearing cache when you exit the browser and that you have a lot of cache and data stored with some of the other apps you're using (e.g. gallery, camera, etc.)

You might try downloading an app called "QuickAppCleaner" (I believe) from the Market. It will examine your apps and sort them according to the amount of data and cache associated with each. You can then clear the cache and data appropriately to "firm up" your obese applications.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I think you are on to something. How do I clean my cache? I could not find any good cache cleaners (for non-Root). Nor could I find the "quickappcleaner".

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Cachemate does the same thing and it's free. Not sure which is better.