WaveSecure app won't uninstall

khill1218

Reaction score
I've tried several different options to uninstall WaveSecure and nothing seems to work. I need to uninstall the app because it wouldn't restore data to the phone. I tried to uninstall through the Market, the Settings --> Manage Applications, and also through Ghostify and the app still won't uninstall. Please help! Thank you in advance.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Do you have the additional "Uninstall Protection" App installed as well? WaveSecure came out with it a while ago, to prevent the app from being uninstalled by thieves. This app is a separate app from the main app. I have not tried to do this, but I would imagine you first have to uninstall that app before you can continue to the main WS app.

OP
K

khill1218

Reaction score
Yes, I have the uninstall app as well and that successfully uninstalled, but the actual app won't uninstall.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I'm having the same problem as well now. I'm not sure how, I tried to uninstall through the market, and it let me, tried to clear the cache, etc. I'm not sure why it's doing this... Anyone else have some insight on this problem?

rdz418

Reaction score
Hello,
To uninstall WaveSecure, you have to remove it as a device administrator. To do this, hit menu, then go to Location & Security, then Device Admin. When you remove WaveSecure as an admin, it will lock your phone and ask for your PIN to unlock. Once unlocked, WaveSecure will no longer be an admin and you can then uninstall the app.

gatesdroid

Reaction score
dancedroid Thank you to rdz418 for providing the solution to a frustrating problem.

:icon_ banana:Thank you to khill1218 for asking the exact question I had so that the answer was easily found when I came across the problem!

dec4trax

Reaction score
I am planning to install WAVESECURE as a system app on a rooted Droid X.The Wavesecure directions are as follows:

- Put the update.zip file on the memory card of your phone
- Restart the phone into the recovery console
- Install update.zip

Can anyone tell me if I should put the update.zip file in the root or in the sys / app folder.

I plan to install using the option "install from the SD card" using ROM Manager by clockwork . Would this be the correct procedure ?

These are the 2 thngs I am not clear on. Can one of you smart people help out a nu-bee.
Thanks !!