Clean up your mess

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am finding that when I look through the SD card on Astro that many of the applications I downloaded and uninstalled still leave a directory - sometimes full of stuff.

So you may be uninstalling stuff but it's not completely uninstalling and therefore taking up valuable room on your card.

I connected my Droid via USB and opened the folder and found that there were a bunch of directories that needed deleting.

So you may want to do some housecleaning if you're comfortable working with computers and the Droid.

An application that may be useful is one that cleans your SD drive of any files that are no longer connected to their applications.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I also find it handy to clean the SD now and then.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed some clutter in there as well. Just hope I don't delete something I think is junk that turns out to be important. :)

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't realize others might not have thought about this.

You find this a lot on PCs, sometimes they save settings files that are on use only, but I'm of the mind: If I'm un-installing the program, what makes you think I'm going to put it back on here to access those files? lol

An app that would clean that stuff up would be nice. For my computer too! lol

mendy817

Reaction score
i wish i needed to clean up my sd card... but its 97% empty (as opposed to my actual phone which is pretty much full)

that HAS to be my least favorite thing about the droid (not being able to save apps on the sd card) and i hope that allow it in future updates or releases!

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea mine is cluttered too but i dont know what to delete and what to keep

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Me neither. :)
Same here lol. I have a lot of stuff I downloaded a while ago to my sdcard when i first rooted & all that stuff. Most of them have weird names so I don't know what to delete & what not to delete so looks like my card is just going to stay cluttered with stuff :icon_evil:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Me neither. :)
Same here lol. I have a lot of stuff I downloaded a while ago to my sdcard when i first rooted & all that stuff. Most of them have weird names so I don't know what to delete & what not to delete so looks like my card is just going to stay cluttered with stuff :icon_evil:

On your next back to stock/root adventure, backup your entire SDCard to your computer and wipe it.

Then when you go back stock, all the default stuff should install and you should know what should be there. I haven't actually tested this, but it seems logical.

I actually am going to attempt it later today.