Is there a way (led notifications in CM6)

Hexus

Reaction score
I love how you can set custom colors for notifications.
For example I set red for text messages, missed calls are blue, and emails are green. The only problem is that the light will only flash with whatever the first notification is. For example if I get an email is blinks green, but then if I get a text before I clear the email it still just flashes green.
Is there a way to make it flash alternate colors depending on what notifications there are? For example if I get an email and a text can I set it up somehow to blink green, and then red?
It's nice to be able to see from a distance if I have any new messages but some messages take priority. I wouldn't stop what I was doing just for an email, but if I knew I had an email and a text or missed call I would.

Hopefully I even made sense, sorry coming off a 14 hour shift...

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
I love how you can set custom colors for notifications.
For example I set red for text messages, missed calls are blue, and emails are green. The only problem is that the light will only flash with whatever the first notification is. For example if I get an email is blinks green, but then if I get a text before I clear the email it still just flashes green.
Is there a way to make it flash alternate colors depending on what notifications there are? For example if I get an email and a text can I set it up somehow to blink green, and then red?
It's nice to be able to see from a distance if I have any new messages but some messages take priority. I wouldn't stop what I was doing just for an email, but if I knew I had an email and a text or missed call I would.

Hopefully I even made sense, sorry coming off a 14 hour shift...

I found the way of changing the notification LED for texts but I don't see that option for Gmail or Goggle Voice. Am I just missing them? And I agree would be cool if it can do alternating colors.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Led

That is one of the main reasons i always seem to revert back to CM builds, CM has more ui tweeks than any other roms....

Artimis

Reaction score
Hey does the LED notification turn on while the screen is on? Or just when the screen is off?

There is an option for this but for some reason, the option is disabled/greyed on the Droid for CM6 RC1......I believe there was a request already put in to make sure this option gets re-enabled in the next update.

I just wish there was some option to enable this on the back-end if it is just a bug with the UI.

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
does anyone have any meaningful insight into my original question?

ty_

Reaction score
i've never come upon anything that fixes what you're looking for.
i'll be paying close attention though if someone else finds something though.

dpron

Reaction score
I found the way of changing the notification LED for texts but I don't see that option for Gmail or Goggle Voice. Am I just missing them? And I agree would be cool if it can do alternating colors.

Where perchance did you find that? I've been looking around for a way to customize the LED colors. I'm using Google Voice though instead of the standard SMS app. I haven't found a way to do Gmail either...

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
[quote/]

Where perchance did you find that? I've been looking around for a way to customize the LED colors. I'm using Google Voice though instead of the standard SMS app. I haven't found a way to do Gmail either...[/quote]

messaging app settings - notification settings.