LED Notification App (Besides Missed Call)

duffduffxx

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that just controls your LED colors? For instance I would love to have a different color blinking one after the other depending on what notifications I have (for example, green, orange, purple would be text, missed call, and email recieved).

Missed call is OK, but it messes with the existing notifications which I like better than Missed calls.

If it doesn't exist, hello developers! I would pay for this for sure.

tktouch12

Reaction score
there is an app like this or blackberry that changes it for what gender the recieved text was from. i dont know of one like this for droid, but it would be great

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Handcent. I get green when I get email and blue when i get a text. not sure about the calls.

OP
D

duffduffxx

Reaction score
Handcent. I get green when I get email and blue when i get a text. not sure about the calls.

Thanks for the suggestion- but there isn't one program that just deals with all kinds of notification without it being tied to an additional app (ie handcent or missed call).

Also wouldn't it be sweet if the led made a disco like effect of all the colors when you were recieving a call?

jev

Reaction score
I would like to see that too. I've tried the all the apps that can change the color but as I'm not a big texter I would prefer to change the color of the led on incoming emails to something other than green. So far there doesn't seem to be an app to change the color for incoming emails. If I'm wrong, then please post up the app that can do that.

griz8791

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed K-9 e-mail and the separate third-party popup program for it on Friday. Now I am getting a magenta LED for new e-mails. I have no idea which of these two installations changed the LED. Right after installing them I drilled into both to see if either had a switch that would let me pick my LED color, but never did find it. The funny thing is, magenta is exactly what I would have chosen if I'd been able to find out how to do it myself.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed K-9 e-mail and the separate third-party popup program for it on Friday. Now I am getting a magenta LED for new e-mails. I have no idea which of these two installations changed the LED. Right after installing them I drilled into both to see if either had a switch that would let me pick my LED color, but never did find it. The funny thing is, magenta is exactly what I would have chosen if I'd been able to find out how to do it myself.

worked in your favor... i'd like to see an app to change the g-mail LED.... i don't need an app like k-9 since I use google's mail.

Thefamous1

Reaction score
I would like this too!

Does anyone know a list of all the colored notifications? For example:

Green: New Email
Blue: I changed it to new text through Handcent

What notifications utilize the orange, magenta, and cyan LEDs?

Colin

Reaction score
I would really like this as well. I have green for email, magenta for text and would like another color for missed call. This would be extremely useful!

MrMan

Reaction score
this barely applies to this thread, but if you use i tweet! you can change the color of the led for tweets only. It helps a little, with handcent my sms/mms is solid blue, with bloo my facebook is a blinking blue and gmail is a blinking green. i wouldn't mind a new led app like what i had on my storm 2

cire9753

Reaction score
Go to the market and download SMS Popup. It is free and works perfectly with plenty of features. You can change led color for different people who text you/custom vibrations/etc.

Colin

Reaction score
^we have The ability to change notification color for text, we want to change notification color for missed calls.

backlash

Reaction score
There is an app called Missed Reminder too. Reviews on it are kind of meh though.

dhs14

Reaction score
"Missed Call" app doesn't change LED color

For anyone using the Missed Call app--or the developer if he's reading these: I installed the app to my Droid and have tried several different colors for the LED but when I get a missed call, the LED continues to blink green. Anyone know what I can do to get the color to change? Thanks

dhs14

Reaction score
Missed Call isn't changing LED colors--HELP please

I installed Missed Call for my Droid and have tried several different color settings for the LED, but it keeps flashing green. Anyone know how to get the color to actually change?