Is there a short cut to turn on and off internet signal?

Alex B

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,
I am on page plus's, pay as you go 1200 plan. with limited Internet . I need to turn on and off the signal or I am getting charged regardless .
As of now, I only know to go to setting , data manager , data delivery , and press data enabled. a cumbersome process .
Is there a more direct way to do what I have to ???? There are so many steps to enable and then disable the internet it is a pain .

Thanks'

Alex

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just activate airplane mode. I think it can be done from holding down the power button but not entirely sure. Otherwise, you can find it in the options some where, but better yet, grab Beautiful Widgets from the market. It has an airplace toggle mode widget. It will take you directly to the settings section where all you need to do is click airplane mode and your done. There may be other widget for free that can do it, and probably is, but Beautiful widgets is always on my main home screen for its easily visible clock and weather.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Settings->Wireless and Networks-> Enable Data Access over Mobile Network. Disable this and you won't be using data. Also disable data roaming.

OP
A

Alex B

Reaction score
thank you both

Settings->Wireless and Networks-> Enable Data Access over Mobile Network. Disable this and you won't be using data. Also disable data roaming.

Not sure I understand I am still very new at this . I see, setting > wireless& networks > mobile networks > system select > , then it looks like this : {Home only O} {Automatic O} mine is green after it says , Automatic . What should I do ? , or leave it ?

What about Airplane mode How exactly do I use it ? Please {{{ Newbe }}}
Thanks' lots
Alex

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Whoops, I missed a step. It's under mobile networks in wireless and networks.
Oh wait, nevermind. I thought it had an option for that somewhere? Try under call settings. Either that, or it's in a different submenu. Though my D1 has the option in a similar place...

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

chrstdvd

Reaction score
There is an app Quick Settings that you can put on your home screen that turns off the data quickly. Under widgets there is one called power control that allows you to turn on wifi, which turns off the 3g data, I think, the 3g symbol on info bar is replaced with the wifi symbol. I know the first option works for sure.

thesoldier

Reaction score
Power control widget is nice, I use it. If by disabling data you mean turning off 3G, but still allowing texts and calls, there are a few apps that disable data. I use juice defender and it has a widget that lets you enable/disable data so give that a try.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen