Is There A Keyboard Phone Lock App?

therock

Reaction score
To me......... the touch screen lock is undesirable. I would rather pop open the keyboard and do something there. r have a virtual open for it.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I think he just wants a hard lock/ unlock button. As in hit button "x" and it locks then hit button "x" again and it unlocks without a pattern lock/ swipe lock screen being needed.
This really wasn't a question, it was more of an opinion too... whatever, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I I too am confused with the question, but maybe try mylockforandroid - Project Hosting on Google Code <-- It allows you to bypass the current lockscreen. I use the original conception of it, haven't updated to all the newer ones to see new features. But on mine I can unlock by tapping the lock/power button, or by sliding the keyboard out. May be more options by now.

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
I I too am confused with the question,

Sorry guys, I'll try again. And thanks for looking!

When the phone times out and locks, or is powered down and is locked when powered back up, if enabled we have to use the unlock pattern. I absolutely LOATH it. Please fire the person who came up with it, and the one who approved it.

So, I would prefer a lock that really works. I have a 12 year old Daughter that cracks my patterns or makes it fail and gets in with ease.

The current phone security locking method is a JOKE!

How about it App developers........?

Hit the power button.
  • A screen appears indicating the phone is locked with...
  • One option could be a virtual keyboard is present awaiting a predetermined combination of numbers with a "Done/Unlock" button.

• Another would be a prompt to open the slider and enter a predetermined combination of keys.
A Real Lock a battery removal or a number of failed attempts will not reset.

Slevinn

Reaction score
I I too am confused with the question, but maybe try mylockforandroid - Project Hosting on Google Code <-- It allows you to bypass the current lockscreen. I use the original conception of it, haven't updated to all the newer ones to see new features. But on mine I can unlock by tapping the lock/power button, or by sliding the keyboard out. May be more options by now.
For some reason I couldn't get this to work on my droid. It wouldn't unlock by pressing the lock/power button or by sliding the keyboard out.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would be better served posted in the App forum (since there isn't an App Request forum). It's just going to get buried in General Discussion.

Please fire the person who came up with it, and the one who approved it.
Why should they be fired over your personal preference, especially when an app would probably provide the solution that you want? Should they be fired because Exchange support isn't exactly what I want? There wouldn't be anyone left after everyone's personal gripes ends up getting various people fired... :D

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
Rough crowd. I'll post over in the Apps then.

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
solved//

don't let your 12 year old play with your phone

Heh! If you want to know what a device can do these days give it to a 12 year old. She took one look at the unlock method and roller her :icon_rolleyes: eyes so I changed my pattern and handed it over and promptly got it back unlocked.:icon_eek: