Lock Screen

donzz

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the lock screen? I don't want to have to enter a code to answer my phone. I had to turn it on to install a certain program I wanted...a hem.... Anyway, now I just want to turn it off. Help!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a guess here but go to settings - security either screen lock or lock screen options. If the first option is there "none" should be at the bottom

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It would be at the bottom, however, if you don't see it on your phone go to the lock screen option you are using and you should be able to disable it. If you are using a PIN you may need to enter it to stop it. Or just leave it blank.

donzz

Reaction score
Ok, I see a "none" option but it's grayed out and says "disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage." wth?

donzz

Reaction score
Ok, I had to go into "device admin" and turn something off/on then the NONE option was available. What a pain! Thanks for your help!

Jettaguy2003

Reaction score
The reason why this happened with yoru *aheam* other program you wanted was because of security. In order for that other program to work, you had to download and install a security certificate so you knew it could be trusted from that company. A loop whole to get that work was the agreement you needed the extra security of the lock screen. You might notice that even when you turn off the lock screen, and run the other program, it will make you re-add on the lock screen again! Annoying I guess, but I just used the drawing pattern instead of numbers. Unlocks it quickly, and it's still a good idea to have incase you lose the phone or someone steals it! :/

donzz

Reaction score
The reason why this happened with yoru *aheam* other program you wanted was because of security. In order for that other program to work, you had to download and install a security certificate so you knew it could be trusted from that company. A loop whole to get that work was the agreement you needed the extra security of the lock screen. You might notice that even when you turn off the lock screen, and run the other program, it will make you re-add on the lock screen again! Annoying I guess, but I just used the drawing pattern instead of numbers. Unlocks it quickly, and it's still a good idea to have incase you lose the phone or someone steals it! :/
Damn it, you're right! It never used to do that. Oh Well, guess I'm stuck with it.

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Damn it, you're right! It never used to do that. Oh Well, guess I'm stuck with it.

I too have the same issue. The "none"is grayed out. The "aheam" app you speak of wouldn't be foxfi would it? And has the problem been solved yet?
HELP!!

jadesaber2

Reaction score
I'm running FoxFi on a Galaxy S3 with no lock screen so it must, (may), be something else.

Nope. It's FoxFi. I get the same thing on my Bionic. From the Play Store description:

*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when you install any user certificates. We recommend
a. Use a Pattern lock for simplicity. The Motorola PIN lock screen could confuse you.
b. This is the only way FoxFi can enable WiFi mode when you don't have a tether plan. Use USB mode if you really don' t want the lock screen.
c. To undo the screen lock you have to remove the FoxFi certificate first (simply select "clear credentials" in security settings).

lgtrumpet

Reaction score
Nope. It's FoxFi. I get the same thing on my Bionic. From the Play Store description:

*Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when you install any user certificates. We recommend
a. Use a Pattern lock for simplicity. The Motorola PIN lock screen could confuse you.
b. This is the only way FoxFi can enable WiFi mode when you don't have a tether plan. Use USB mode if you really don' t want the lock screen.
c. To undo the screen lock you have to remove the FoxFi certificate first (simply select "clear credentials" in security settings).

Jadesaber2,
Wow, that certainly makes sense! I do remember FoxFi showing that message before allowing me to use the app so apparently that is what happened. I assume that will happen when ever the app is used. I use FoxFi when I am not able to connect to WiFi with my ipad2 or lap top to provide a hot spot. Actually, it probably is not a bad idea to use a lock screen for security, it is just that I prefer to have the option. Thanks, you have been very helpful Jadesaber2!!

m3incorp

Reaction score
I noticed a couple of days ago that when I go into the settings for screen lock that Swipe, Face unlock, Face and voice and None are all grayed out so they can not be chosen. They have a message under them that say "disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". I never disabled anything, no encryption, and under credential storage under user there are none and other device there are a lot, some in foreign languages but sure those just part of the software. Any ideas on what may be the issue? Have already rebooted.

m3incorp

Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-05-12-09-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-05-12-09-47.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 619