Is That One Text Worth Your Life... Anti Text And Drive Video

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;DebhWD6ljZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebhWD6ljZs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - AT&T Don't Text While Driving Documentary[/video]

Okay now we aren't the biggest anti texting and driving advocates, but this seems to have become such a big problem that I feel we have to share this video. In an attempt to teach mobile phone users about the risks you take when you text and drive, AT&T put together this documentary to show us the error of our ways and how one small message is becoming the #1 killer of teens nationwide.

Personally I don’t text and drive, I can always pull over and see how important the message is if I have to. This video makes me quite sad because you can see how just saying “lol” can pull your eyes away from the road just enough for yours or someone else’s life to be taken away.

Anyways, checkout this video and reply to tell us what you think about this… And no, Speech To Text isn’t the solution ;) but nice try though.

Please vote in the poll and tell us what you do.

News via (AT&T releases dramatic anti-texting while driving documentary -- Engadget)

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
Most people are guilty of this even if they say they're not. I try not to but once in a while I catch myself doing it or about to. It really is dangerous but we as humans will do whatever we want until something bad happens to us, it honestly the only way we learn for certain things.

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Most people are guilty of this even if they say they're not. I try not to but once in a while I catch myself doing it or about to. It really is dangerous but we as humans will do whatever we want until something bad happens to us, it honestly the only way we learn for certain things.
Hahah nice reply, I feel like quoting your "we as humans will do whatever we want until something bad happens to us" statement to my next Facebook status :D .... It's very true.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'd rather see an ad campaign aimed at

- teaching people that the left lane is for passing, not hanging out.

- teaching people to be aware of whats going on around their vehicle. Because far to many use the following technique...
"TURN KEY."
"INSERT HEAD INTO *SS."
"APPLY GAS PEDAL AS NECESSARY (OPTIONAL)."

- teaching proper obstacle avoidance techniques other than
"BRAKE."
"CUT WHEEL AS HARD AS POSSIBLE."

iamasongnow

Reaction score
i can't possibly agree with this more, texting and driving can be very dangerous. like mispelling an important word, or pressing send on accident before you've finished typing.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I'd rather see an ad campaign aimed at

- teaching people that the left lane is for passing, not hanging out.

- teaching people to be aware of whats going on around their vehicle. Because far to many use the following technique...
"TURN KEY."
"INSERT HEAD INTO *SS."
"APPLY GAS PEDAL AS NECESSARY (OPTIONAL)."

- teaching proper obstacle avoidance techniques other than
"BRAKE."
"CUT WHEEL AS HARD AS POSSIBLE."

I'm in high school and I know far too many people who brag about sleeping in driving class, and still passing the test. I doubt teaching them more will make them any more receptive.

Idiots will be idiots, it's only evolution after all.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Idiots will be idiots, it's only evolution after all.

Maybe txting deaths (and all the other stupid things humans do) is our own unintentional way of thinning the breading pool. Then again, sadly most of the time it's the potentially 'productive' people die from such deaths... we need to come up with something a bit more discriminatory.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm against texting and driving. I won't say I never have but I not a text user much (probably older than the majority here) and will pull over if I need to send something.

Also, I'm an avid motorcyclist and have been nearly taken out by people on the phone more times than I can count so I am even more against it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the poll does emailing count? But then I do use Valringo and a Q2 so I don't ever (well very seldom) look at the phone. I'm just waiting for all the people to jump on the 'GPS's Kill' bandwagon...

As for the video to be honest of all the people I see routinely using their phones while driving I think COPS (all of them, troopers, sheriffs ect) are the WORST violators out there... even in states with 'hands free' laws you can ALWAYS find cops using their phones illegally.

ladodger1717

Reaction score
Thats a great little documentary. I will pass it on to all my friends and family. Brings to light how really unimportant these texts are.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the poll does emailing count? But then I do use Valringo and a Q2 so I don't ever (well very seldom) look at the phone. I'm just waiting for all the people to jump on the 'GPS's Kill' bandwagon...

As for the video to be honest of all the people I see routinely using their phones while driving I think COPS (all of them, troopers, sheriffs ect) are the WORST violators out there... even in states with 'hands free' laws you can ALWAYS find cops using their phones illegally.

You can, especially here, but from what I've been told and read, it's not illegal for them. Although I feel it is very detrimental to the respect the public has for them as officers when they have to see it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

You can, especially here, but from what I've been told and read, it's not illegal for them. Although I feel it is very detrimental to the respect the public has for them as officers when they have to see it.

Nice... nothing like the good old 'do as we say not as we do' laws... and yes I understand things such as their speeding or running lights (in emergencies with lights and sirens, as if that isn't abused as well) but they have no legitimate reason to be on their 'cell phones' while on patrol they have radios for official communications. I have several students that are local sheriff deputies and even they admit to that... 99.99% of the time they are on their cells it is a 'personal' call and not official business.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wont say i never text and drive. because i do.. i do not make a habit of it. I try to avoid it most messages can wait until i get home. but every now and then i catch myself doing it.. not saying it is a good thing, and not trying to justify it. But most people who text have sent a message or 2 while driving. not saying all but most

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the third thread I've seen on texting and driving. I'm real sorry to see it because they never turn out well. I closed the other two, I suspect I'll close this one eventually as well.