Jarvis - Text 'n Drive Robot App Saves Us From Ourselves

Big Ry

Reaction score
Wow, I don't know if the google speech recognition has improved, but this thing is picking up every word I'm saying flawlessly. And its so easy to use. The playback feature is the key for me. I love it. Im using this thing all the time now. No more swyping while driving :-0

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

LewD1

Reaction score
I cant get it to recognize my responses. i.e. listen, ignore, etc. No background noise that could cause an issue either.
droid X

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know if the google speech recognition has improved

I don't know that they've done much with it, but have been collecting GV data to further refine their engines.

Supposedly ICS will have the first major overhaul of the voice recognition software. That could be something. Larry Page today just primed the pump with "I can't believe what we got accomplished with ICS".

beastman

Reaction score
drtnsnw said:
Does it work with bluetooth??
As of right now, the speech can be played out through an A2DP capable BT device, with the voice input still recording from the phone’s mic.
I am still working on compatibility with all SCO headsets.

syndicate0017 said:
I had to uninstall it for now though because I lost all volume control after installing.
Please try again with v1.6+ and let me know how you make out! My email is [email protected], feel free to email for an immediate response.

Big Ry said:
No more swyping while driving
That’s the spirit boss!

NeoPhoenixTE said:
no support for the Droid2? I get blocked at the market due to incompatability.
Hi NeoPhoenixTE, sorry to hear that, what version of android are you running?

LewD1 said:
I cant get it to recognize my responses. i.e. listen, ignore, etc. No background noise that could cause an issue either.
I have cleaned some things up with audio as of v1.6+. If you could email me and let me know if the problem persists, I would really appreciate it. [email protected]

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
^
Nice work on the update! Audio issues are a thing of the past. Now I just have to wait for a text. :p

Thanks for such a prompt fix!

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

beastman

Reaction score
syndicate0017 said:
Nice work on the update! Audio issues are a thing of the past. Now I just have to wait for a text. :p

Unfortunately a force-close bug slipped in for some devices and I have released a patch in v1.65 which fixes it.
Also, I added a widget to quickly enable/disable Jarvis, please upgrade!

wyveryx

Reaction score
Unfortunately a force-close bug slipped in for some devices and I have released a patch in v1.65 which fixes it.
Also, I added a widget to quickly enable/disable Jarvis, please upgrade!

is there anyway to decrease the size of the widget? It's cool seeing that huge head there, but at 2x2 it's kinda huge? Also, I've seen where people have been asking about other voices, well if you lower the pitch all the way down, you can almost here Joshua. Sent a text message from Google Voice, "Would you like to play a game?" It was perfect :hail:

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Can Google Voice text support be added? It doesn't seem to recognize that texts have arrived from GV, which is what I primarily use (to avoid Verizon's extra charges)

REMilk

Reaction score
Did you read my original post? I tested it with Google Voice asnd Jarvis functioned as expected.

I just retries with Google Voice on my laptop. Jarvis received the text and my response from Jarvis was received on Google Voice.

Next I used the Google Voice on my Droid 3 to send the text message. Jarvis received it. I sent the reply from Jarvis and it appeared as expected in Google Voice.

Not sure why you are having problems.

Bob

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Did you read my original post? I tested it with Google Voice asnd Jarvis functioned as expected.

I just retries with Google Voice on my laptop. Jarvis received the text and my response from Jarvis was received on Google Voice.

Next I used the Google Voice on my Droid 3 to send the text message. Jarvis received it. I sent the reply from Jarvis and it appeared as expected in Google Voice.

Not sure why you are having problems.

Bob

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I don't see where you have tested receiving a message via Google Voice on your phone.

When a text comes to my phone that was sent to my GV number, and my GV app alerts me of the message, Jarvis does nothing although it is enabled and running in my taskbar.

Seems you have only tested receiving texts via standard SMS on your phone. Try sending a text to your GV number and have your phone receive it. Then watch Jarvis do nothing.

Last edited:

REMilk

Reaction score
I don't see where you have tested receiving a message via Google Voice on your phone.

When a text comes to my phone that was sent to my GV number, and my GV app alerts me of the message, Jarvis does nothing although it is enabled and running in my taskbar.

Seems you have only tested receiving texts via standard SMS on your phone. Try sending a text to your GV number and have your phone receive it. Then watch Jarvis do nothing.

I apologize, I misunderstood what you were asking.

Use this link to read my test, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/app-announcements/175572-jarvis-text-n-drive-robot-free-must-have.html

You are correct. My test involved using Google Voice to initiate the text message, rather than receiving the text message. I agree with you if you send a text to a Google Voice number, Jarvis does not handle it. It handles text messages sent to the phone.

Do text messages sent to your Google Voice number appear in your next message app? Mine do not; they stay within the Google Voice app and not.

I think that you have a good idea for either an extension of Jarvis or possibly a new app to to handle Google Voice- GarVis.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I apologize, I misunderstood what you were asking.

Use this link to read my test, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/app-announcements/175572-jarvis-text-n-drive-robot-free-must-have.html

You are correct. My test involved using Google Voice to initiate the text message, rather than receiving the text message. I agree with you if you send a text to a Google Voice number, Jarvis does not handle it. It handles text messages sent to the phone.

Do text messages sent to your Google Voice number appear in your next message app? Mine do not; they stay within the Google Voice app and not.

I think that you have a good idea for either an extension of Jarvis or possibly a new app to to handle Google Voice- GarVis.

Thanks for confirming... and I didn't mean to sound snotty in my last message but it sort of looked like it. :)

Unfortunately since Verizon still makes us all pay more for texting, I've resorted to GV to avoid that. So I guess it's now a matter of whether Jarvis can be easily adapted to it or not. I wonder if it could at least be easy to select the app it monitors in the options?

I never use the standard messaging unless somebody just sends a text to my phone. GV texting = free.

I'll be switching to Sprint soon anyway, so this won't matter for much longer.

beastman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to first apologize for not getting back to a lot of you, I have been extremely busy with school work.
I have had the time to compile a nice size list of the requests and I am working on an update, here are some features:
-Google Voice text compatibility
-Native Email / Gmail compatibility
-Shrinking the widget to a 1x1, sorry about the "bloody big" 2x2 ;)
-There's more, I think
Please bare with me, I appreciate all the great feedback and I'll do my best to get an update out PROMPTLY.

-Paul