Is texting issue fixed yet?

Klaista2k

Reaction score
I know there was a texting issue where messages would send to the wrong people.

Is this still and issue or did the update fix this??

Rhino94

Reaction score
No because I still have that problem every once and a while but it isnt that bad.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kaw19razor

Reaction score
It is bad... And scary. I don't think it is fixed. It happened to me 3 times yesterday! It is very frustrating.

Question is... Are rooted users experiencing this messaging problem? If not, then it just may be time for me to root....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rooted and haven't had any issues like that...

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never had any text messaging issues ever. On any device or any version of Android.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Ya same. I'm tired of waiting for gingerbread its freaking ridiculious. And I only have this issue when I'm texting a bunch of people at a time.

thesoldier

Reaction score
The only time I've had that problem is on the stock texting app. Either flash a rom like hexen or if you don't want to do that much, download a different texting app like handcent. It seems the problem is the stock texting app itself.

Edit: Actually I didn't read what phone this was for lol...I guess just try another app see what happens.

Sent from my D2G running HeXen

Ambushbug

Reaction score
We have two T-Bolts both stock and neither of us have ever had an errant text. There was a thread on another forum awhile back about this, and after many people started talking about it, it seemed as though it was only happening in certain regions like it was a network issue of some sort.

Stromboni

Reaction score
Rooted without a single problem when texting

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there was a texting issue where messages would send to the wrong people.

Is this still and issue or did the update fix this??

Not fixed, but it has only has only been 6 months or so, so you have to give it time.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, weird. I never had any sort of text prob. with all my 3 thunderbolts.

And?

It's a documented and common problem, but it doesn't mean 100% of them are effected by it. It just means common. Even if it is only 1 out of 10, statistically that is huge.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Possibly. It is a little annoying when someone posts up about a possible resolution to a very common and well-documented issue that effects several models of Android phones, to the extent that it made the news awhile back... and instead of being helpful or adding insight, saying "I never had that problem"...

Then don't post, as it doesn't pertain to you. By posting that you don't have the problem, it is almost an implication that the issue isn't and issue or something, when we all know that it is. It's like the reboot issue that has been plauging many Android phones for over a year now. Might not impact your particular phone, but a lot of phones do suffer from spontaneous reboots, that even HTC and VZW have admitted to the problem and said that they are working on it.

I guess my point is simply, what was your point? He obviously has the issue, as do many people. So no offense, but who cares if you don't have it? How does that help or impact the people that clearly do?