Messages not sending, but only to one contact.

Trailblazer03

Reaction score
I have been having this issue for about a week now. When I try to send a text to a certain contact, it will attempt to send then I get the sending failed message. If I send the text to that person leaving off the 1 and the area code that automatically get attached my texts send fine. I have tried removing the battery and restarting multiple time even had the person try it with their phone and still getting the same issue. I get the same result no matter which text program I try stock, GoSMSPro (the one I use all the time, or hancent (tried it didn't care for it). The person I am texting is not using a smartphone but I have not sure which one it they have i think it is a samsung touchscreen phone but it does not run android i know that. Additionally I can respond through the push notifications and have no issues but when I try to reply through the actual text apps, it fails unless I drop the 1 and area code.

If anybody has any ideas about how to fix this issue please let me know.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dis they block you?....LOL Did you try deleting the contact and then re adding them...

Leethl

Reaction score
It may be an issue with facebook syncing to that phone number and adding an extra "1" to the phone number. do a search: text issue + facebook

Orlock

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I'm having the same problem, can't send a text to one particular contact with either Handcent or the default messenger. It was working fine all day yesterday and then POOF just wouldn't send anymore. I've texted other people and there's been no problems. I just updated Handcent to see if that would fix it, multiple reboots and still nothing.

Any ideas? Stock Droid 1, Facebook contacts are not synced... grrrr....

Orlock

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I've deleted the contact and resynced, I've deleted the contact and manually re-added. This is really starting to make me angry...

EDIT: If i try to send a camera picture and add text to it I don't get the "Message not sent" error, but just sending a plain text doesn't work.

Last edited:

Rob_B

Reaction score
Picture messages are MMS not SMS so you still are having a problem with your SMS delivery. Is the "1" being added back into the contacts # ? If so did you try just editing the contact then sending them a SMS before resyncing? If this works you probably need to delete the contact from wherever it is being synced (Gmail account, backup assistant, other) then sync those accounts and try again.

Last edited: