Is texting issue fixed yet?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some people don't want to root or ROM in order to fix something that they paid a few hundred dollars for and is supposed to work properly out of the box. In the end, I installed CM7 for my DX and it did fix the reboot issue so far, but not everyone wants to do that. Some people expect the manufacterer or provider to make good on their warranty.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Possibly. It is a little annoying when someone posts up about a possible resolution to a very common and well-documented issue that effects several models of Android phones, to the extent that it made the news awhile back... and instead of being helpful or adding insight, saying "I never had that problem"...

Then don't post, as it doesn't pertain to you. By posting that you don't have the problem, it is almost an implication that the issue isn't and issue or something, when we all know that it is. It's like the reboot issue that has been plauging many Android phones for over a year now. Might not impact your particular phone, but a lot of phones do suffer from spontaneous reboots, that even HTC and VZW have admitted to the problem and said that they are working on it.

I guess my point is simply, what was your point? He obviously has the issue, as do many people. So no offense, but who cares if you don't have it? How does that help or impact the people that clearly do?

Maybe people care if he is having the issue or not because the OP asked, "Is this still and issue or did the update fix this??". Apparently for him it's fixed/or not an issue. He didn't say it wasn't an issue for some, just saying he hasn't had the issue, which answers the OP's question.

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
I know there was a texting issue where messages would send to the wrong people.

Is this still and issue or did the update fix this??

Didn't even know it was an actual problem just thought I wasn't paying attention lol. I am still having this issue. In one case it sent a text to my ex that was meant for my girlfriend...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

mafiafan123

Reaction score
Happened a couple of times just delete messages before sending something you don't want go to anybody else. Never tried handcent and I'm not rooted but friend is and its happened to him I don't think root really matters in this case

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wife runs into this a couple times a week. Today she responded to a text message, and the message went to a completely different person. I'm going to install Handcent to see if this fixes the problem, but I certainly agree that this can be a very scary issue. It's not that personal information is sent via text, but when you are just sending short messages it can be very tedious to explain to a someone what happened while trying to get the message sent to the correct person. Also, if the person who receives the message ignores your mistake, you will never be made aware that your intended recipient never saw your message. If Handcent doesn't fix the problem we might be attempting to find a different phone because this issue coupled with the poor battery life is pretty ridiculous.

yourplumr

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I downloaded Handcent and haven't had any problems at all since.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't send a picture of your junk to your girlfriend until the issue is resolved. Your boss or your Grandmother probably won't appreciate it. :)

Kittysback

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I downloaded Handcent and haven't had any problems at all since.

I just downloaded Handcent. Now how do you deactivate the stock texting app, or don't you? Now I receive messages both places.

atlrus

Reaction score
I think this is Verizon specific issue. I have had it happen once on my TB, but so did my wife on her Samsung.

yourplumr

Reaction score
I just downloaded Handcent. Now how do you deactivate the stock texting app, or don't you? Now I receive messages both places.

Open stock message app. Menu -> settings-> uncheck top box that says receive notifications

Sent from my Thunderbolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
What the heck are you people talking about? I have never had this happen to me.

If it did happen I would go crazy :)

I have been running gingerbread for a few months now. If you guys are having this issue on froyo you might want to upgrade to gingerbread.

yourplumr

Reaction score
Well I haven't rooted yet, I'm thinking about it.... But messages send to wrong people in the stock texting app on Froyo...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
Wow, never heard of that .... Thats just nuts.