Is screen protector really necessary for Razr?

nbucko

Reaction score
Two guys I work with got the same phone (moto something) that was water resistant and had gorilla glass. One of them put his keys to the screen no problem. The other has scratches on his from it going in and out of his shirt pocket. I'd get a protector no matter what.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Luvmyphone

Reaction score
I had the store put one on for me. Why take a chance on messing up your screen? I can't even tell its on there without inspecting it closely.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I am currently using the anti-glare protector and it really distorts/blurs the clarity of the screen. It serves its purpose as a protector and looks kinda cool that's about it. I should add though that the anti-glare screen protector doesn't leave any fingerprints behind...another plus I guess. I'm still seriously debating whether or not to take it off because it really blurs the clarity of the screen when using the phone.

This is the reason I took it off mine, I just can't justify buying a new phone and dumbing it down with an anti-glare protector, I have just a standard one and it works perfectly fine add it did on my DX

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ckepascoe

Reaction score
I would go to zagg.com and get there screen protector it feels and looks the best and it has a lifetime warrenty

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
Call it OCD but I prefer a screen protector on all my phones...just another added layer of protection for the gorilla glass

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

Gleason81

Reaction score
I would go to zagg.com and get there screen protector it feels and looks the best and it has a lifetime warrenty

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Any pictures for us? How easy to install without air-bubbles or misalignment?

custompro98

Reaction score
Just found a scratch on my RAZR's screen :frown:. I don't even know how it could have happened. I don't keep anything in my pocket with my RAZR.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I somehow managed to scratch my screen on my razr on the very first day by sticking it in my pocket with some coins.

So I would yes, i would say that it is necessary. I now have one on mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I would say that in all likelihood the scratches didn't come from the coins or from keys in other person's examples here. The culpret was likely a speck of dirt on one of the coins or keys. The screen will scratch if an abrasive is pushed or rubbed up against it. All it takes is one speck of a grit that is harder than the Gorilla Glass. Even dirty fingers can have abrasives on them from all manner of sources and when you go to Swype or scroll, you'll leave that telltale scratch.

Last edited:

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Tried the anti-glare 3pak from vzw scratches all over in a week took it and had to ghost armored yesterday.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Oh Ghost Armor has a skin for the RAZR?? That is my favorite. I've put it on 5 iPhones. It's much better than Zagg, IMO.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I just got the Ghost Armor for my Razr. I was looking into the matte or carbon fiber finished but they didn't have any in stock at my location. So I tested the standard clear finish and liked it even more. It gives a bit more grip.

The Droid Razr ghost armor actually doesn't actually cover entire phone. It covers the screen, entire back, camera area, and top edges. But the sides aren't covered, which is fine with me since I don't feel the edges of the ghost armor any where.

I usually keep my Motorola Droids naked anyways, but this a nice alternative with least amount of added bulk.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Mine and my daughters' iPad 2 have the matte on the back and clear on the front. Love the matte on the back. However, I had one of my iPhone 4's done in matte on the back and it was kinda slippery. So for my phones, I prefer clear on front and back. I will definitely be getting the Ghost Armor on this weekend. How much was it, $35?

jdroid80

Reaction score
Yeah, it was $35 front/back. I got a lame 10% discount for asking, but I won't complain too much.

I used to get complete set $20 (OG Droid) if I installed it myself. But it's a bit challenging though.