gorilla glass 2/screen protectors

Picasso71

Reaction score
So with the now gorilla glass on my GS3 are protectors really necessary anymore?
Probably just shoot for anti glare?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's always worth an extra couple bucks for a bit better protection on a $600+ device.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's always worth an extra couple bucks for a bit better protection on a $600+ device.

What he ^^^ said. Its really up to you though.. do you mind getting scratches or possibly getting scratches from a grain of sand or pocket grime on a 600$ device??

I personally would rather spend a couple of bucks and be protected.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
Yes it's worth it, if it makes you feel better just have the guy/gal at Verizon put it on and tell them if he messes up you want another one hehe.

Reaction score
I used to throw a screen protector on until I realized that the very purpose protects my screen so that it would "look better" but having the screen protector on in the first place makes it ugly and worse to use. So what are you really protecting? Your resell value?

Caesars

Reaction score
Well for me, I actually do resell my phones lol. BUT to your point, a well applied/not cheap screen protector will protect it, and you can't even tell that it's on :).

Beka27

Reaction score
We only use "crystal clear" protectors. You can't even tell they're on. Some people like the anti-glare/anti-fingerprint protectors but they end up clouding or distorting the picture. I'd rather have crystal clear and have to clean up some fingerprints once every few days.

jseah

Reaction score
With the Droid 1, Droid 2 Global, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Rezound, Razr Maxx, and now the SGSIII, I have always used a screen protector on it.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely worthwhile. As said above you'd be surprised how much grit makes it's way into your pockets and leaves little surprises all over the bottom of your otherwise pristine screen. I always use Skinomi myself.

chucklesAE

Reaction score
Considering the tiniest drop shatters this supposed gorilla glass screen on the galaxy s3, I'd say get a damn screen protector. and no Samsung, nor your carrier will do anything about this faulty garbage other than charge you a deductable for an insurance claim.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My Nexus has been dropped twice at heights of roughly 3.5ft and 4.5ft and not a single cracked. I do have a screen protector on it so that may have helped but any device that hits the ground at a certain angle can crack