Is screen protector really necessary for Razr?

plb

Reaction score
Given how tough the Gorilla glass is reported to be, is a screen protector really necessary for the Droid Razr? And does it reduce the sensitivity of the touch screen?

gling

Reaction score
It's a personal preference really. I picked up my Razr today and won't be using one after having my OG Droid for the past two years without one. Reportedly the same glass and I don't have a mark on it and believe me, its been through the ringer. A little common sense helps keep the screen free from damage.

Thach

Reaction score
I use one and know others that do just for ease of mind kind of thing. I tend to carry a lot of keys or tools in my pocket for work and always forget what pocket my phone is in. Having a screen protector just eases my worries of scratching the screen if any of these things happen to end up in the same pocket.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

fauxreall

Reaction score
i had an og droid before this and i dropped it, had it mixed around with keys and not even the slightest scratch on it. the metal was chipped a bit and corners were dinged a bit but the screen is in pristine condition. so nah i wont be putting a screen protector on it lol.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I bought a pack of the Verizon screen protectors but they made the screen look real hazy so I took it off. Personally I like screen protectors so I may look and see if there is a better one on the market.

dustinslee

Reaction score
U Probly got anti glare u need the regular ones like I have there great!

Raydee35

Reaction score
I will have to look into that.

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yep they are the anti glare screen protectors. I will pick up a pack of regular protectors tomorrow.

dustinslee

Reaction score
U may be able to call em and tell them hob horrible they are and they may trade

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Another original Droid owner - almost 2 years. I carried it everyday in my shirt pocket and dropped it a couple of times. No scratches whatsoever. My wife has it now and it's in a Otter case with a screen protector. It's all about what you prefer.

Good luck.

joshhh

Reaction score
Depends on whether or not it has the anti glare coating like the d3 does. My dads d1 is absolutely fine, been dropped everywhere. Not a scratch on the screen. My d3 has been handles carefully and never dropped for about 3 weeks and is already scratching. Kind of pathetic gorilla glass if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID3

busab

Reaction score
I somehow managed to scratch my screen on my razr on the very first day by sticking it in my pocket with some coins.

So I would yes, i would say that it is necessary. I now have one on mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Raydee35

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Verizon carries the regular screen protectors instead of the anti glare protectors? I looked on their website and they don't show both.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
They have both. I got the regular ones just like on my og Droid, but they showed me anti-glare too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk