Is screen protector really necessary for Razr?

rEVOLVE

Reaction score
i actually don't expect the RAZR screen to get scratched, i have a different objective in getting the screen protector - the RAZR more than any phone I've used recently seems to pick up smudges/prints/grease so easily. It drove me crazy enough that i just ordered the regular screen protectors. We got the anti-glare ones with the power and protection bundle and i hate the grainy/hazy aspect it adds to the screen, but they're awesome at keeping the smudges at bay.

thelastbill

Reaction score
Idk if it really does need one, but I put one on just in case lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Verizon carries the regular screen protectors instead of the anti glare protectors? I looked on their website and they don't show both.

Yes they have the regular, clear screen protectors. I just picked up a 3 pack from local Verizon store.

oscarod

Reaction score
Necessary? Probably not. Good to have? I'd say so. They're practically invisible and they don't cause any issues. I use the Clear type (not anti-glare) so it looks like I don't even have one on.

breedingh8

Reaction score
Another original Droid owner - almost 2 years. I carried it everyday in my shirt pocket and dropped it a couple of times. No scratches whatsoever. My wife has it now and it's in a Otter case with a screen protector. It's all about what you prefer.

Good luck.

Tried the anti-glare 3pak from vzw scratches all over in a week took it and had to ghost armored yesterday.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

breedingh8

Reaction score
Another original Droid owner - almost 2 years. I carried it everyday in my shirt pocket and dropped it a couple of times. No scratches whatsoever. My wife has it now and it's in a Otter case with a screen protector. It's all about what you prefer.

Good luck.

Oh and I don't think it needs one but I hate finger prints, and I tried to scratch a floor model with a coin.. Wipped right off with t-shirt.

condony

Reaction score
no need for screen protector on corning gorilla glass

U may be able to call em and tell them hob horrible they are and they may trade

why cover up a nice piece of glass with plastic it messes up the whole visuals

breedingh8

Reaction score
why cover up a nice piece of glass with plastic it messes up the whole visuals

cant stand finger prints but agree..went with ghost armor waiting for it to fully cure but its been ok, alot better than vzw screen covers i wish i could leave screen naked but this solution has been great on my and seems to be working on phone well so far

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
The friggin rep at the store snuck one on the phone while I was playing with other phones lol. It took me about 10 worth of playing before I realized that a screen protector was on it. I immediately ripped it off - HATE THEM! Then I looked at the receipt ... the SOB charged me for the screen protector!! I never even asked for it! LMAO

Sent from my rental Razr

breedingh8

Reaction score
The friggin rep at the store snuck one on the phone while I was playing with other phones lol. It took me about 10 worth of playing before I realized that a screen protector was on it. I immediately ripped it off - HATE THEM! Then I looked at the receipt ... the SOB charged me for the screen protector!! I never even asked for it! LMAO

Sent from my rental Razr

Hahah bastards you got 14 days return that **** ;)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
LOL, 14 days applies to screen protectors too!? :)

I am actually complementing bringing the whole kit and kaboodle back ...

Sent from my rental Razr

Scarshi

Reaction score
Just like sex without protection, is it worth having something go wrong? Regrets are such a waste of time.

Last edited:

Gleason81

Reaction score
U Probly got anti glare u need the regular ones like I have there great!

I am currently using the anti-glare protector and it really distorts/blurs the clarity of the screen. It serves its purpose as a protector and looks kinda cool that's about it. I should add though that the anti-glare screen protector doesn't leave any fingerprints behind...another plus I guess. I'm still seriously debating whether or not to take it off because it really blurs the clarity of the screen when using the phone.

Last edited:

razrsedge

Reaction score
Sorry about your scratch, but thank you for sharing your experience. I'm using a screen protector on my razr. Now I'll keep using it. Used them for my Droid X, and it still looks pristine, in spite of several accidents.

satarecah

Reaction score
If your gonna get screen protecters id say head over to zagg they make some high quality stuff