Is it worth rooting?

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Is it really worth rooting because there is no chance in us getting the OTA 2.2. And is rooting reliable for the fascinate because I don't want to brick my phone. I had a rooted Eris and rommed but it has been around for a long time.

Sent from my fascinate using DroidForums App

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes its worth it....its easy...you can find several tutorials with easy rooting methods and 1 click root methods...check here or over on XDA

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As Tapout said, yes it is definately worth it. If you have had experience rooting your Eris you will have no issues with the Fascinate. Rooting the Fascinate is stable and unless you do something totally stupid you will not brick your phone.

Also if you would like more info on Fascinate check out droidforums sister site fascinateforums. Link is also in my signature.

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Yea I think that I'm going to root my phone I'm fine with stock it runs great unjust want the perks of a rooted device but I would not mind overclocking it is that even possible on the fascinate?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Can someone link the best one click rooting process

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone link the best one click rooting process

R u running DL09? If so there are several rooting guides here in Fascinate Development section that will walk u thru it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
yes I am running DL09 and all the one click methods I have tried have failed

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes I am running DL09 and all the one click methods I have tried have failed

Hmm...ive used several of the one click methods repeadedly....head over to XDA and see if those are more help

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Ill link the ways I did but it always says device not connected. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers 3 or so times and still the same thing.

Trype

Reaction score
Note, I don't think there's a ROM to get you Froyo for the Fascinate. I rooted mine specifically to get Adobe Flash Player, but I can't find a ROM, Kernal, or whatever to get Flash working. Anyone know of what I need, please let me know.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Note, I don't think there's a ROM to get you Froyo for the Fascinate. I rooted mine specifically to get Adobe Flash Player, but I can't find a ROM, Kernal, or whatever to get Flash working. Anyone know of what I need, please let me know.
Alpha builds of Froyo for Fascinate

[ROM] Vanilla Froyo v0.1 - xda-developers or here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/117826-rom-vanilla-froyo-v0-1-a.html

and Kaosinate Alpha Froyo build...

[ROM] [ALPHA] [FROYO] Kaoscinate V3 - xda-developers or here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ent/116505-rom-alpha-froyo-kaoscinate-v2.html

these are not final obviously and still have kinks to work out etc...hence the ALPHA status but you could run them as daily drivers if you dont need camera/gps etc lol.....these are not for noobs...read carefully

hoppermi

Reaction score

You need Froyo for flash to work.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been rooted since January of 2010 and hacked other prior phones and my answer to the question as stated in the thread title (Is it worth rooting?) has always been: "If you ask that question, then the answer is No".

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Reason I ask if it is worth rooting the fascinate is because I'm one of the ones still waiting for the 2.2 OTA

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reason I ask if it is worth rooting the fascinate is because I'm one of the ones still waiting for the 2.2 OTA

The 2.2 update is iffy...something always happens and it gets delayed...besides you can always un root