Is it possible to get phone internet by connecting a wire to PC/laptop?

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
How to get phone internet by connecting a wire to PC/laptop?

I have a PC/laptop that has wired internet access. (no wireless)

Can I connect a cable from my Samsung S4 phone to the PC/laptop so I can access internet/data app services on my phone using the internet source from the PC/laptop? (i do not want to turn on mobile data)

Thanks

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Don't think so... I think you will need to somehow go from your phone to your router.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The only way you can do that is to tether your phone to your PC/laptop. There's an app called PDAnet and that allows a tethered connection through your phone's USB cable (from what I can remember).

Keep in mind that when tethering you will be using your data allotment. If your provider is Verizon, then you'll need a "hotspot" plan as well, though I think PDAnet can bypass that "requirement".

FoxFi is another popular wireless tethering app as well.

OP
D

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
dezymond, seems like the solution you provided is to use the phone data connection to provide internet for PC/laptop, which is not what I want.
My question is I want the PC/laptop that has wired internet connection, to provide internet for my phone.

OP
D

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
ICS method is not suitable, and there is no wire that will connect a hub to a phone.
No wifi card.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
dezymond, seems like the solution you provided is to use the phone data connection to provide internet for PC/laptop, which is not what I want.
My question is I want the PC/laptop that has wired internet connection, to provide internet for my phone.
Oh I'm sorry, I did misread your post.

Yeah I don't believe there is a way to have that type of connection through a cable