HELP Please I've been tryin for 2 / 3 months usb won't connect to PC

janey6152

Reaction score
I tried lots of PC , laptop , different cable wire's debugging ,
I mean i think everything to try to get any PC to reconzie the USB connection

I have phone rooted and tryin to bring it back to stck..

What else can i do ???

thanks

Janet

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Janet, believe it or not, it is probably something as simple as the USB cable. I was not aware of this until one of FoxKat's explanations, but some cables are only designed to charge while others are designed to charge and transfer data via USB. The stock USB cable is designed to do both unless it is malfunctioning. Try a different cable, preferably a stock Motorola cable but there are others that may work also.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tis is right. I had a problem with a usb cable last month. It would not connect or charge unless I was holding it in just the right position. I threw the cable our because it wasn't worth it. You might be in a similar position. Also, have you tried a different computer? I would also try same computer, same cable with a different smart phone. Also update the drivers for your phone on the computer you're using. you will find it is probably something very simple that will cause you to palm your face. Let us know if that doesn't work.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh, thanks mike! I didn't think about making sure the PC had updated Motorola drivers which also could be the problem.

OP
J

janey6152

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new data cable and stil..
Also i just download the newest samsung drivers.
Wish me luck..

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that this delay is cause you are happily syncing your phone and computer and haven't thrown either at the wall!

E

_Evelyn_

if it's not the problem of usb cable, maybe there's something wrong with the PC's usb connector

OP
J

janey6152

Reaction score
oK CHECK THIS OUT .. nOW I'M GETTING 2 COM PORTS SHOWING ON ODIN..

i INSTALLED THE SUMSUNG DRIVER v 1.5.6.0

I have several pc's and laptop. and on all getting usb driver not found. and several data cables..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I believe it is definitely a USB driver problem. Interesting to note, doing a search for Samsung droid charge USB drivers does not pull up any direct links to Samsung for the USB drivers. The phone is only a little over a year old. It seems Samsung would make their drivers for a fairly recent phone more available. I was able to find a link to droid charge USB drivers here http://www.theandroidsource.com/dro...samsung-droid-charge-usb-driver-download.html

hopefully this will work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
J

janey6152

Reaction score
Thats the Firdt one i had originally , then i said Hmm Maybe there's a newer version and that's what I'm using the 1.5.6.0.
The other one was the link you sent ..

So Yeahh its a USB driver issue.

I tried it on my Brand New Alien ware laptop and used both USB drivers listed above and still no usb connection .

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow Janey, that's ridiculous to have to go through this for something that should be pretty simple. Let me see if I can find out from my son which drivers he's using for his charge. I think he's at work so it may be a little while.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, no love there with my son because he uses Linux instead of windows. But he repairs window so here is his advice.

-Plug phone into USB
-right click my computer or computer
-go to properties
-then device manager
-if you can locate the charge, right click on that and go to properties. If not, look for unknown device and do the same.
-go to the driver tab and then uninstall driver
-unplug your phone, plug it back in and see if it automatically installs the correct driver.
-if not, go back to device manager and do the same thing except instead of uninstall driver, click on update driver (you can try this first if you want but may not work until you get rid of previous driver).