VZ apps
V cast media
V cast music
V cast tones
V cast videos
VZ Navigator
city id
3g hotspot

I jut want to make sure I can remove all of this with out having problems with my phone afterwards, I am a noob when it comes to this stuff. I was charged $9.99 for NFS when it was accidentally installed and now I want this Bloatware off the phone. Thanks for the help.

amavit

Reaction score
Don't remove them otherwise when an update comes out and if you want to update you will need to reinstall everything. A much more simpler way is to get an app called titanium backup and simply "freeze" the apps...has the same effect and you can simply unfreeze later if needed

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Or you can just flash backup your stock ROM then load a debloated ROM. RMK on XDA-Devs site has a GB debloated ROM as well as Sense 3.0 ROM

OP
JawBoneEra

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up fellow Droid owners, I jumped the gun before I received any reply's on my post and I deleted a few apps.
golf
blockbuster
I left everything else. The main reason I rooted was to take the bloatware off, I was pretty upset after being charged 9.99 for NFS
when I did not even want it. I was just trying it out not realizing I accepted to buy it. I called VZ to try to try to resolve that purchase
long story short they pretty much said tough $%!T.
I do not buy apps usually but I may try the titanium backup thanks (amavit).
I will have to do some more searching and reading on how o put new roms on this phone due to I am a noob, I had to watch the vid on rooting 8
times before I worked up the balls to o it.... was quit easy tho. Thanks for that info (Darkpsycho)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/211512.html
Rooting the phone was easy and worth it for me just for the screen shot apps and all the possibility's I am yet to learn.

OP
JawBoneEra

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
unfortunately I realize I did not, I for some reason thought CWM automatically backed my droid, I now realize I have to manually do this. I should have done more homework before I rooted, I did not realize the consequences of deleting the bloatware with out a back up.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well make sure you make a backup in CWR or have a Rom file on your sdcard you can flash in case things get messed up. If worse comes to worse you can wipe in CWR and install a custom Rom if need be. I was going to see how long I could go without rooting, because this device runs so good stock, but I am starting to get the itch lol.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So run stock.. but debloated ;] or sense 3.0

You can do either just make sure you have clockwork recovery and a backup of stock rooted before you do anything else.

I just rooted last night. Made a backup of stock rooted through cwm recovery right afterwards.

Then I downloaded mikrom incredible sensation and put it on the root of my sdcard. I wiped data, cache and dalvick cache through recovery and then went to install zip from sdcard and installed incredible sensation. It's running pretty good so far.

Sent from my Incredible Sensation using Tapatalk

OP
JawBoneEra

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
You can do either just make sure you have clockwork recovery and a backup of stock rooted before you do anything else.

I just rooted last night. Made a backup of stock rooted through cwm recovery right afterwards.

Then I downloaded mikrom incredible sensation and put it on the root of my sdcard. I wiped data, cache and dalvick cache through recovery and then went to install zip from sdcard and installed incredible sensation. It's running pretty good so far.

Ok I have the free ROM Manager and Clockworkmod Recovery now, I backed up my current stock state. Do I move the backup to my CP and sdcard or do I just leave it on the phone? I am going to go
search for more info on this forum and the net.

I really should have read more before I rooted but I am still glad I did, For some reason some of my apps work better after I rooted? The only problem I a have so fare is my battery dies a little faster no but I am thinking it is due to all the extra apps I down loaded after I rooted. Once I feel more comfortable I will try different ROMs. If worse comes to worse I have insurance LOL I used it once already
that is how I came to be with the di2, I just hope it does not come to that cuz $89 is still alot to me. Thanks for your help.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I have the free ROM Manager and Clockworkmod Recovery now, I backed up my current stock state. Do I move the backup to my CP and sdcard or do I just leave it on the phone? I am going to go
search for more info on this forum and the net.

I really should have read more before I rooted but I am still glad I did, For some reason some of my apps work better after I rooted? The only problem I a have so fare is my battery dies a little faster no but I am thinking it is due to all the extra apps I down loaded after I rooted. Once I feel more comfortable I will try different ROMs. If worse comes to worse I have insurance LOL I used it once already
that is how I came to be with the di2, I just hope it does not come to that cuz $89 is still alot to me. Thanks for your help.

Rooted stock is fine. Like said before, be carefully removing system apps as it may screw with the framework. Freeze instead of removing.

I make backups, install roms, etc manually by booting into cwm recovery. You can do them through Rom manager too, just make sure there is an indication that the backup was made successfully. It will put a backup of your system on your sdcard under clockworkmod>backup. Leave it there, thats where it will look for it when/if you need to restore. You can make a copy of it to your computer if you want. Always have a rom file on your sdcard too just incase the backup fails. You will want to wipe data and cache through cwm or rm before installing roms or restoring backups. Do not wipe when installing themes and kernels.

For the most part if you have clockwork recovery installed, and a backup or rom file on your sdcard you are set if your system gets messed up. Most things can be fixed through booting manually into the clockwork menu.

Battery should be the same. Try downloading battery calibration from the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result

Last edited:

Darkpsycho

Reaction score

Don't forget to flash that file to fix the problem with MMS. I believe virtuous and miks suffer from the same problem.

OP
JawBoneEra

JawBoneEra

Reaction score
Rooted stock is fine. Like said before, be carefully removing system apps as it may screw with the framework. Freeze instead of removing.

I make backups, install roms, etc manually by booting into cwm recovery. You can do them through Rom manager too, just make sure there is an indication that the backup was made successfully. It will put a backup of your system on your sdcard under clockworkmod>backup. Leave it there, thats where it will look for it when/if you need to restore. You can make a copy of it to your computer if you want. Always have a rom file on your sdcard too just incase the backup fails. You will want to wipe data and cache through cwm or rm before installing roms or restoring backups. Do not wipe when installing themes and kernels.

For the most part if you have clockwork recovery installed, and a backup or rom file on your sdcard you are set if your system gets messed up. Most things can be fixed through booting manually into the clockwork menu.

Battery should be the same. Try downloading battery calibration from the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result

Yep, I just checked and my backup is safe on my sd like you said.... Awesome!

I was having poor battery life a few weeks ago until I read on this forum to put my phone in cdma mode only, That fixed everything I could go all day with out a charge. I just got back from a road trip MO to NY and back and the battery still lasted. I took so many pics and vids that my sdcard only has 3gb left (I am looking in to buying a 32gb now) lol. I was taking pics and vids while my wife's DI was dead half way though the day. I will try battery calibration now. Thanks again for the help.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am glad the battery is working better now. It's great that HTC improved the battery on this device as they don't have the best rep for batteries on their devices.