Is Bionic Battery Life Really This Abysmal??

82DMC12

Reaction score
I'm at 13.5 hours right now with 39% battery left. I took or made probably 10 calls today, sent 20 texts, a couple pic messages, 15 minutes on tapatalk, some facebook, read the news. I'm not restraining myself in any way and my battery has no problem lasting all day. I'm using the standard battery.

OP
T

tgarza

Reaction score
Went from 730am to 800pm to get to 15% with replacement battery...12.5 hours (yes charged all night prior). Using max battery saver. I sent/received about 20 texts and had one 5 minute phone call, streamed 3 mins of Jeb Corliss' "Grinding the Crack" on youtube to show off speed to a friend (freaking awesome vid!!). Bottom line, Phone standby and phone idle ate up 90% of the usage. I guess this is about normal! Gonna try the extended....

82DMC12

Reaction score
At 32% left with 14 hrs 45 min up. Cell standby and idle used 60%. Not sure why yours takes up 90%, that sounds excessive. I'm actually thinking of not charging it while sleeping tonight just so i can break 24 hours.

OP
T

tgarza

Reaction score
Alright....I tried the LTE switch app today and I am doing so much better. Lasted all day without a problem....currently at 15 hours and 50% remaining. I've decided that this is not a phone that can run 100% LTE all the time. I think that LTE is really something that should only be turned on for extreme web browsing. Using the switch was not a hassle. I just turned it on before i opened the browser and switched it off when i was done. Too bad there is not an app that would only turn on LTE when using certain apps and turn off when back at the home screen, i.e. browser or netflix or youtube. The rest of the day, you dont even notice that it is not running on LTE.