Is anyone else having WIFI problems??

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I signed my Droid x to my home network and to a friends network , I'm not getting only 2 bars. it seems to work slower than the 3G network and I'm less than 2 feet from either router!Oh ya both routers go through n and acording to droid x spec. it should work with g/b/n .I'm hoping the .604 update or the fryo will fix this problem. Has anyone have the same? and is there a update comming soon or can I fix this thru. system resorces( not rooted)scared to try yet.
I had some problems with mine as it wouldn't connect relieablely to my new router. I got the latest firmware changed things around and it was like it had its own mind. Like a cat, connected whenever it wanted to. Finally for some reason I shut it down which I do most every night and pulled the battery for a minute. Put it back and turned it on. Worked great and is still going strong 5 days later. Something wasn't just right and the pulling the battery must have reset something and all is well in X land.

littlkj5

Reaction score
My wifi runs fast but it only shows two bars even when under the access point.

We have a network built throughout where i am living.

I can't imagine what four bars would do.

freeangle

Reaction score
dancedroidMy only problem is that how can I find out all the wifi hotspots and are they free wifi?If not,is there any ways to make them to be free wifi?:icon_ banana:

BraverThought

Reaction score
postal

I have been having this problem for some time. I am about to go postal on my phone. I dont care what anyone is saying about it being the router, My phone is the only device of about 10 that use my wifi and my phone is the only thing that cant handle the task. Verizon is sucking balls and I do not get a single bar of signal for more then 10 sec even on my 3rd floor where i Live. So I would like to be able to use my wifi, but I get about 30 sec of wifi before it just stops working. It still shows it is connected, but it isnt working. I am very disappointed with this device. I am a computer nerd and cant figure it out. That tells me it is the phone it self. My Networking Engineer has set up my network so I know its not my network. I have 2 ps3's, wii, iphone, 3 pc's all connected to it none stop with out a problem. I NEED a solution to this, and i NEED to stay secure. Its been months and still no solution. WTF!!!!

On motorola's website is a support forum: 530,689 Views 1,344 Replies and still no damn solution, the solution should be RECALL give me a new phone, buy me an iphone if u cant seem to fix it.

Last edited:

JefDroidX

Reaction score
Still testing but better

I set my Buffalo Wireless N router to use TKIP and so far it is working. For how long?..... Remains to be seen, but this the longest I've been connected to my wireless router since getting my Droid X on Monday.

JefDroidX

Reaction score
Next day and still connected to my router. No drops no problems. It would seem that AES is an issue, for whatever reason, for some droid phones.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App