Is a verizon store best place to purchase? Or online? Any secret for getting best $

Jamb

Reaction score
I've can honestly say I had great results with Verizon and I'm currently going on 6 years with them and using their phones & products,I can honestly say if ever there was a problem and I felt like they were not giving me a fair shake with price or quality. once brought to their attention, they always came out with a satisfactory results for me. Thanks! Verizon! dancedroid

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I echo hookbill but they made me mail in the rebate but it was a small price to pay for a huge early upgrade.

how far away is your upgrade i want to get the samsung fascinate but my update is not till next christmas so i am doubting they would let me upgrade could anyone shine some light on how to make verizon employees let you upgrade early

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Best Buy, they have instant rebates and it is less of a hassle than VZW

+1 for that. For the D1 I put down a deposit at BB and the day it came out I set up an appointment on when I would be in to pick it up.

I got my Voyager online and it arrived the day it came out.

Last edited:

Dknelson728

Reaction score
For the people wondering about an early upgrade, I can try to be of some help.

I called Verizon yesterday and got them to push my upgrade date up. There are some special circumstances that you need to fulfill though. From what I was told on the phone by the VZW reps, they can only move the date up by a month (which they did for me). If you're a little bit more than a month away, (My upgrade is ready on October 24), they can make a note on the account saying that they've moved your date to a month ahead, and that you can call back on that date. So for example, I'll call back next Friday, the 24th, and be able to order my D2. There does have to be some sort of issue with your phone for this to be the case though. I'm not saying that it's cool to go lie to them to get your upgrade date moved, that's just dishonest. I'm on my 5th EnV Touch, so it's a bit of a special case. I'm guessing that if you've been through a few of the same phone, or have other such circumstances, there's a good chance that they can help you out though!

Cheers :)

lmdodds

Reaction score
definately online for me. back in january i bought a Droid 1 for me and a droid eris for my wife for a grand total of $49shipped. i got them from overstock.com but other online sites have different deals at different times.

maybe its just me but i think its crazy to spend the extra cash if you dont have to.

tommyb38

Reaction score
I didn't read most of this thread but buying from the VZW store is the worst option. Walmart, Amazon and especially Wirefly will save you all kinds of money. I got my. D1 from Wirefly for 10 bucks when it was still 200 at vzw.

Buying in the store is the worst option? But where do all of these places send you when you have a problem? That's right, the verizon store (to the incompetent people). Where does everybody go and ***** when things get screwed up on their account by these places? Oh, that's right, the veriizon store. Where do you all go to get your phones activated when you order them from these stores or online? Oh, thats right the verizon store.

Why do you people never go back to the root of the problem when you have one? Perhaps you do, and they send you to the place you should have came in the first place!!! I happen to know reps that ask customers that come in with phones that were purchased elsewhere why they didn't take the phone to them with their problems. I love telling someone when they come to my store with a problem with a phone in the first 30 days that they got from one of these places that I can't do anything for them, that they will have to go to the place of purchase. I love it when they say that wal-mart doesn't know anything about these phones, they just sell them.

Be careful what bridges you burn, you may have to cross them someday!!!

velocity92c

Reaction score
I bought my phone from Walmart and had it activated on the spot, had a problem with it and had it swapped out easily 3 days later, new phone reactivated within 15 minutes. Saved 190 bucks in the process, not really sure what you're trying to say here. I will take the better deal (especially 20 times better, literally) every time. VZW wouldn't authorize these places to sell cell phones if they didn't support them after purchase.

I've had friends take their droids into VZW stores and been told all kinds of ridiculous things; use ATK to speed up your phone, avoid installing Froyo or Handcent, etc. VZW reps are among the most clueless in the cellular industry.